FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Need help with metadata

<<

awshirley

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:46 am

Need help with metadata

I'm running Serviio 1.2.1 for my Xbox 360. It's set to search online sources for medatdata on movies and tv shows. For the most part the info for the movies is correct, but it's incorrectly identified some movies and I'd like to correct them. How can I correct them or change the site used for the metadata.

I just want to make sure my stuff is identified correctly.

All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:07 am

Re: Need help with metadata

Firstly, ensure that you have read this: http://www.serviio.org/index.php?option ... icle&id=12. Understanding the preferred file naming scheme will resolve most issues.

For hard-to-match movies or TV series, I use Filebot from the wiki tools area (http://wiki.serviio.org/doku.php?id=wintools) to check the file name against either TheMovieDB (for Movies) or TheTVDB (for TV series). Under the Rename option, drag a file to the left hand pane, right click on the "Match Button" and select which data source to match to, and away it goes. It will come back with multiple options which you can match to your actual movie/series and then give you a filename to rename to (press Rename to do so if you wish).

If this tool cannot resolve it, then you must go to the sites (http://www.themoviedb.org/ or http://thetvdb.com/) and do a search for your movie/series. Once found, it often becomes obvious what to rename the file to. The one thing not obvious is TV specials - these generally require a file name in the format like MySeries S0E02.avi (series number is a single digit zero, and episode number is as your find on thetvdb.com).

Once you have renamed your file, press "Force Refresh" in the library tab of Serviio console, wait until finished and check the movie or series catalog in Mediabrowser (save running to the TV and back....).
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:52 pm

Absolutely agree about FileBot. It resolved many a naming issue for me.

However, I still have one TV series that Serviio will not name accurately. The series is Adam-12. I have tried it with the dash, a blank space, and no space. Serviio still gets some other name with Adam in it. I had to build a playlist to list the files. I have tried every naming option that FileBot offered, but still no joy.

Considering how many video files I have, it's amazing I'm only have this one issue. Would like to figure it out, though.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:19 pm

Adam-12 - that brings back memories :)

That one will be tough to resolve. I remember reading that anything after the "-" in the filename is ignored for matching purposes. So if you have "Adam - 12 SxxExx" it will match on "Adam" only and comes up with Adam Hill or some such silly match. Normally you'd simply leave the "-" out, however in this case the problem is that there are two legitimate series in TVDB, one matching "Adam-12" and one matching "Adam 12". Leaving the "-" out matches to "The New Adam-12" which is a legitimate, albeit poor remake of the show.

I know there is a bit bucket to add the TVDB ID to the filename for these cases, but that's going to be painful for series extending over multiple seasons. Maybe zip will have an idea - perhaps as a development option maybe the "-" should not be ignored if it preceded the series/episode numbers??
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
<<

iheartninjas

Serviio lover

Post Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:11 am

@atc98092

I may have a suggestion that could help out with this. If you are not opposed to using xml or nfo files to help id some items that are more difficult to match. i made an .xml file for the first episode of your series Adam-12 using the series id # from tvdb. i will attach it. if you are not wanting to have xml or nfo files (they can become cluttersome, i know) i thought you might still be able to see how the show is named and recognized using tvdb. i'll post a screenshot of the xml file and will also attach it in case you want to test it. I hope this helps and that I have explained clearly, I'm kind of in a rush.

good luck, here is screenshot
<<

iheartninjas

Serviio lover

Post Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:12 am

i was unable to attach the xml as an nfo or as a txt file, kept getting error message. So hopefully the screenshot helps a little

Omega
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:08 am

Ah, Notepad ++, my favorite text editor! :D

Not at all adverse to XML, but I'll need to brush off my coding skills. Especially since most of my experience is with Visual Basic. :lol:

I'd greatly appreciate the file. My old eyes have trouble with the size of the text! I have two 3TB drives, so space isn't an issue. If I start running low, I'll just throw another drive in there.

Did NPP add the XML header at the top of the page, or did you use some other program to create this? When I start a new XML file, NPP is just a blank slate.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:10 am

OK, I found the XML Fetcher program and ran it for the season I have ripped (season 1). Saved the XML files in the series folder and refreshed Serviio. They never showed up. I think I have to change the Metadata source on the Metadata tab, but this messed up all the rest of my videos. I'll keep playing with it. I did see an error in the log about being unable to parse the NFO file, so I'll have to research that further.

Thanks for the help!
Dan

<<

iheartninjas

Serviio lover

Post Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:58 am

in your error message about not being able to parse the nfo file which file did it include with that error. In your console what was the metadata source that you originally had chosen. you could also try changing the extension of the xml file to nfo. one other thing you could try if you haven't is to make sure that the xml/nfo's are named [video_file_name].nfo. if i can think of anything else i'll be sure to post. let me know if you succeed. good luck

Omega :)
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:11 pm

iheartninjas wrote:in your error message about not being able to parse the nfo file which file did it include with that error. In your console what was the metadata source that you originally had chosen. you could also try changing the extension of the xml file to nfo. one other thing you could try if you haven't is to make sure that the xml/nfo's are named [video_file_name].nfo. if i can think of anything else i'll be sure to post. let me know if you succeed. good luck

Omega :)

At work, so going on memory :)

Can't remember which file it was. I had online metadata selected, and it seemed that the XML file was ignored. I changed the selection to the XML, and I noticed that all my existing metadata disappeared. That messed up all my menus, so I am assuming I would need XML files for everything. That's too much work, as my file count is close to 1000! I had changed the file ext to NFO, but that was before I changed the metadata source.

Will Serviio pick up the NFO file even if online metadata is selected? That would be the ideal setup.
Dan

<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:00 pm

Will Serviio pick up the NFO file even if online metadata is selected? That would be the ideal setup.

No, see viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10534&hilit=METADATA+priority
DenyAll
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
<<

shepherdspie88

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:21 am

What do you do in a situation where the movie title on http://www.themoviedb.org has a ":" in it? For example my daughter has some movies that are VeggieTales: Movie Names, but when you name a file, it will not let you put the ":" in the name. I was putting the "-", but will refrain from now on knowing the name after is ignored. How about when you have an 's (e.g. Where's)
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:01 am

For colons, I just leave them out, so becomes "Veggie Tales Movie Name". I don't think there is any issue with apostrophes - some of my titles have them.

For your Veggie Tales series of movies, I tested with a fake file "VeggieTales Sweetpea Beauty.avi" and Serviio correctly catalogued it (note VeggieTales is one word - this is how they appear in tmdb).
DenyAll
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
<<

shepherdspie88

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:25 am

Thank you. I found that I had to remove the s on "wheres" in order for it to find my VeggieTales: Where's God when I'm Scared. So my movie file title is VeggieTales where god when Im s-scared.mp4. Small details can be frustrating, but this naming has really helped and thus far fixed 100% of my problems

Return to Serviio Support & Help