FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/Wifi Playback App)

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:20 am

Re: ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/Wifi Playback App)

Xmantium wrote:Now that you have included Multi server support, please can you include back button to go back to the list of servers rather than closing the app down.
Example, on the list of Serviio servers, you click on the server, it lists the contents, when you press back it closes the app. I know you can press "logout" from menu but for easy usability its best to have the back button.

My guess is that most people will not have more than one server, or if they do, do not have a need to keep switching between them. Requests for multiple serves came from beta tests like you, people with useless routers than cannot do NAT loopback, and those who share login details with friends. At the moment when you back out of the app, it keeps your login and responses in memory, so you can quickly return. If I did that id have to clear it all out, which then means its got to be reloaded again. This is against where I want to take the app, which is for the app to be up to date with the right content, at the right time. I'll try to collect some metrics on it, but I don't really want to do that because I don't think it will benifit most users. At a minimum, I could enable it only if the user has more than one server configured. Although, the same would apply to ServiiDroid, and that doesn't have this option and no one has asked for it in ServiiDroid yet.

The new Serviio discovery works perfectly fine, think its a little faster than before, are you going to replace ServiiDroid with this one too?

Great! (Although I suspected it would work fine on modern devices). I need to extract it out into a non-ServiiGo specific implementation, but then yes I will use it in ServiiDroid as well.

Same server works fine as it should. The internal player is now my default player as i get no sync issues i sometimes get with BSPlayer.

Thats good, I've got a number of improvements planned for the internal player, so it should get better and better over the next few major releases.
Will

ServiiDroid (Android Console) Developer: Download | Home | Support
ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/WiFi Playback App) Developer: Download | Home | Support
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:06 pm

So this is what you get if you try to connect to a fresh install of 1.0 (unsupported version + evaluation license) when using automatic setup.
Screenshot_2013-09-29-15-49-43[1].png
Screenshot_2013-09-29-15-49-43[1].png (134.88 KiB) Viewed 11214 times

If the server's license has expired, then the orange text turns red and gives the alternative message. If you use manual setup, then you get a toast message that says pretty much the same thing.

And this is what you get after adding a server with an eval license.

Screenshot_2013-09-29-16-17-05[1].png
Screenshot_2013-09-29-16-17-05[1].png (78.56 KiB) Viewed 11213 times

So i'm hoping these changes will make it completely obvious to users and end the problems of people not realising that Serviio Pro is required until after their trial expires.

Btw, I said previously in 3.0.4 that I had fixed connecting to an old server, I hadn't :(, but that is now fixed (although if you try automatic setup on something pre 1.0, then you will probably get an unknown error/failed to connect).
I'm hoping to release 3.1 publically next weekend assuming the new automatic setup works on older devices (it should do, or at least, if the previous one worked this should work) so please try to actively break it.

Also, if you ever get 'Cannot read subtitles' error in the internal video player, please send me the subtitles file so that I can add support.
Will

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:32 pm

Translations have been updated, hoping to release at the weekend.
Will

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:37 pm

I'm pleased to announce that 3.1 has been uploaded to Google Play. It features an improved setup experience which will mostly benifit new users, but it also adds automatic cleanup of image caches from old servers as well as a number of internal changes needed for on device caching. Thanks again to those who provided feedback and helped with the translations. Don't forget to vote on the bitbucket tickets that you want next.

Code:
==== 3.1 ====
*Improved first run/add server experience
*Support for multiple servers (#13)
*Automatic cache cleanup for old servers (includes server side upgrades)
*Replaced server discovery with smaller and more reliable implementation
*Fixed discovering servers when the device has a non-generic DLNA profile set in the console
*Default to the light theme for non-TV devices
*Only show about info as a dialog on large devices
*Minor bug fixes
*Updated translations
Will

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:28 pm

Minor update that fixes a few issues. If you are able to help with translations, please do so at http://www.getlocalization.com/ServiiGo/

Code:
==== 3.1.1 ====
*Fixed manual setup when using 'IP Address:Custom Port' format
*Improved buffering detection in the internal video player
*Various minor bug fixes
*Updated translations

BTW, the app has sent me a few report of subtitle files that it couldn't parse (I only get the problem line though - maybe I should try to read the whole thing and sent it as well). If you ever get a 'Cannot parse subtitles'/'Error reading subtitles' please contact me and send me the file so I can add support.
Will

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:53 pm

Will, can i ask for big request for ServiiGo. :)

Can i have one of the features from ServiiDroid to ServiiGo.
Its the notification on newly added files to Serviio library.

My brothers who are hooked on ServiiGo (Donate version) is always asking if new episode of series is on the server.
I know they can refresh the "Last Added" folder to check but would be cool if theres notification.

This will be great if you can add this on
Sony Bravia 2010 52NX803 - Sony PS3 - Xbox 360
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:03 am

Xmantium wrote:Will, can i ask for big request for ServiiGo. :)

Can i have one of the features from ServiiDroid to ServiiGo.
Its the notification on newly added files to Serviio library.

My brothers who are hooked on ServiiGo (Donate version) is always asking if new episode of series is on the server.
I know they can refresh the "Last Added" folder to check but would be cool if theres notification.

This will be great if you can add this on

Yes, but it won't be the same. The last added file and #files is not very good for checking against as it only shows the last file name and is cleared everytime the server does a refresh (default 5 mins), which is far too offen to check. Its also only over 23423 which most users won't have open. Instead, I'm planning on having a last added video widget that shows the entries as a list of videos, and that will auto update every hour or so. I could then add a notification for any new files that are detected. But before then I need to implement the response caching on the device, so this will be a 4.0 feature, rather then 3.2.
Will

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:47 pm

I have a python script that lets Serviio to push a refresh when a new file is downloaded so maybe unique to my setup.

Nice to see the continued development of ServiiGo. ;)
Sony Bravia 2010 52NX803 - Sony PS3 - Xbox 360
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS
<<

grzesb

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:41 pm

Strange!
I can connect to Servioo through Internet (3G), but I can't connect throuht my home wifi!!! I have port open (23424), I have dynamic DNS , everything seems to be well configured, and I connect by 3G perfectly. When I switch to my home net, connection is refused. I've tried my smatrphone and laptop (through xxx.xxx.xxx/mediabrowser}. Most frustrating thing - it worked fine two weeks ago. I disabled all firewalls, reinstalled Serviio Pro and Serviigo, prepared new dynamic DNS - nothing helped.
Anybody knows the answer?
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:17 pm

Check your routers settings for something like NAT loopback.
Will

<<

grzesb

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:02 pm

I have not "NAT loopback" option in my router. But I think You're right. What's the solution? Change router?
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:38 pm

What router is it? If it used to work, it should be possible to get it working again.
Will

<<

grzesb

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:55 pm

Pentagram 6363 Cerberus
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:06 pm

So can you think of anything that changed around the point it stopped working?
Will

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:13 am

I've uploaded a new beta to Google Play, please test it out and report back. I'll probably try to get some more changes in 3.2, but I'm very busy at the moment so though I m ight as well give you what I have done so far.

Code:
==== 3.2 Beta 1 ====
*Improved Music Player
**Reduced delay between tracks
**Added drag and drop re-arranging of the playlist
**Updated Phone UI to match Tablet verion
*Added an option to sort Images by Date or Title (#64)
*Removed view options that don't work properly under Serviio 1.2
**Browse Artists/Album Artists as grids of artwork
**Browse Series as grids of posters
*Clicking on a movie poster, episode thumbnail, or album artwork displays it full screen
*Various minor bug fixes
*Built against Android 4.4 KitKat
*Updated libraries
Will

<<

dubsessed

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:57 am

Failed to Connect

I have so far been unable to connect to my Serviio server using ServiiGo on my HTC one or my Nexus 7. My port forwarding is good, as I can access my mediabrowser from my inside my network AND externally, and everything works fine using the Serviio mediabrowser.

But for some reason, the app does not connect when I use either of my android devices -- it will automatically detect the server when I'm on WiFi, but still will not connect. Same thing whether I'm on my home wifi or on 4g. I've also tried manually inputting the settings and it made no difference.

I'm an IT administrator by day, so feel free to be technical in your response. I've looked around in ServiiGo, but there isn't much in the way of settings for me to change other than the manual setup, so I'm not sure what else I can try. Any help would be appreciated.

-Daryl
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:02 am

Re: Failed to Connect

dubsessed wrote:I have so far been unable to connect to my Serviio server using ServiiGo on my HTC one or my Nexus 7. My port forwarding is good, as I can access my mediabrowser from my inside my network AND externally, and everything works fine using the Serviio mediabrowser.

But for some reason, the app does not connect when I use either of my android devices -- it will automatically detect the server when I'm on WiFi, but still will not connect. Same thing whether I'm on my home wifi or on 4g. I've also tried manually inputting the settings and it made no difference.

I'm an IT administrator by day, so feel free to be technical in your response. I've looked around in ServiiGo, but there isn't much in the way of settings for me to change other than the manual setup, so I'm not sure what else I can try. Any help would be appreciated.

-Daryl

Hi,

That suggests that it can talk to the server, but is silently failing for some reason. Assuming the MediaBrowser works fine on your android devices, please can you edit C:\Program Files\Serviio\config\log4j.xml and set org.serviio.restlet from ERROR to DEBUG and save the file. Then stop the Windows Service and delete the serviio.log files in Serviio\log\, then start the service again. Give the server a few minutes to start up and settle down, then try to connect using the servers private IP address, and then post the log file that is generated. That will at least confirm if the App is able to log in correctly. Also, what is the exact error, is it 'Failed to connect' or something else?

Will
Will

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:12 pm

I've just released 3.2 Beta 2, should be with you shortly. Aiming to do the final release some time late next week.

Code:
==== 3.2 Beta 2 ====
*Jump to a specific position in the Music and Video players (#72)
*Only show the option to sort images for contains that have them
*Minor UI adjustments to the music player
*Various minor bug fixes
Will

<<

dubsessed

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:22 am

Thanks for the quick response!

So I didn't have the org.serviio.restlet in log4j.xml but I did have org.restlet, so I changed that to 'debug' and followed the rest of the instructions. The exact message is simply "failed to connect".
Here is the log file..
Attachments
serviio.log
Log
(56.3 KiB) Downloaded 280 times
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:43 am

dubsessed wrote:Thanks for the quick response!

So I didn't have the org.serviio.restlet in log4j.xml but I did have org.restlet, so I changed that to 'debug' and followed the rest of the instructions. The exact message is simply "failed to connect".
Here is the log file..

That was the one, sorry.

The log doesn't show any connections from the app (just ones from the local serviio console), so either the details are wrong or a firewall is blocking them.

What do you get if you go to http://server-ip:23424/cds/application from your android device?

Could you also confirm what details it shows for the Server address.

It might be helpful just to confirm for you to post of log of the app finding the server and adding it.
Will

PreviousNext

Return to Third-party tools integration