FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Forum layout

<<

Troutking

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:38 pm

Forum layout

Any chance /option to change it? Really not fan of the black yellow style.
TV: Samsung UE40C8705
FW: T-VALDEUC-3007.1
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:01 am

Re: Forum layout

wow that got to be a record, i wondered how long it would take for someone to complain. It amazes me how people only think from their own point of view, and completely miss the fact the colour sceme is the most thought about part of any application.

i wonder how many people email microsoft to complain about the colour of there site ???
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:05 am

Troutking wrote:Any chance /option to change it? Really not fan of the black yellow style.

You can change it in your User control panel -> Board preferences
<<

Troutking

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:10 am

Cerberus wrote:wow that got to be a record, i wondered how long it would take for someone to complain. It amazes me how people only think from their own point of view, and completely miss the fact the colour sceme is the most thought about part of any application.

i wonder how many people email microsoft to complain about the colour of there site ???

Wow! That is not fair. Most forums have a option to choose layout. And at the time I wrote my post, the only option was CA black.

Edit; spelling
Last edited by Troutking on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Troutking

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:12 am

zip wrote:
Troutking wrote:Any chance /option to change it? Really not fan of the black yellow style.

You can change it in your User control panel -> Board preferences

Thank you very much, prosilver is back as an option, and I am very happy. ;) :D
<<

zaphod7501

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:25 am

There is an option in the user control panel that currently has another option - now (was not an option when I started this reply).

Just like the AVSforum default, some will love it, some will hate it, no one will be indifferent.
<<

Zek

Serviio lover

Post Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:44 am

Cerberus wrote:wow that got to be a record, i wondered how long it would take for someone to complain. It amazes me how people only think from their own point of view, and completely miss the fact the colour sceme is the most thought about part of any application.

Sorry Cerberus, but why do some replies often have to include an argumentative tone? I know you've been around for a long time (thanks for all the help, I mean it) and you've probably seen most questions (both stupid and valid) but how about a friendly tone when in doubt? It was an honest question and didn't seem invalid in the end...

Cheers,
Zek
Sony Bravia KDL-55NX810 | Serviio 0.5 (rev. 975aa458693c) | Synology DS-1010+
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:59 pm

Zek wrote:

Sorry Cerberus, but why do some replies often have to include an argumentative tone? I know you've been around for a long time (thanks for all the help, I mean it) and you've probably seen most questions (both stupid and valid) but how about a friendly tone when in doubt? It was an honest question and didn't seem invalid in the end...

Cheers,
Zek

joys of being British i guess, if its a spade you mite aswell call it a spade and also remember that sarcasm does not always work on text only systems :)
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

Zek

Serviio lover

Post Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:23 pm

Cerberus wrote:
Zek wrote:

Cheers,
Zek

joys of being British i guess, if its a spade you mite aswell call it a spade and also remember that sarcasm does not always work on text only systems :)

LOL! You Brits and your Irish relatives do have to roughest humor I know of. When I was backpacking in Asia I never knew if you guys were joking or trying to pick a fight on the spot. :)

Cheers!
Zek
Sony Bravia KDL-55NX810 | Serviio 0.5 (rev. 975aa458693c) | Synology DS-1010+
<<

patters

DLNA master

Post Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:50 pm

Well I'm British and I thought it was quite harsh. I didn't like the black either - found it quite hard to read. Glad to see we can choose.
LG OLED55B8PLA | PS4 Pro | Xbox One S | Synology DS214play
Serviio 2.1 package for Synology NAS - with limited hardware transcoding support!
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:11 pm

you do loose a few nice feature by not using it tho but maybe ZIP can use the light version of this theme for the people that dont liek teh darker colour ( its gray not black :P)
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Return to General discussion