FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

File type filtering, please.

<<

vikenk

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:43 pm

File type filtering, please.

Hello,

I'd like to have the ability to filter out the file types available for streaming. I use serviio mostly to stream pictures, not videos or movies. Here's my example:

I am a photographer. I shoot in RAW format and convert the RAW files to jpg's. My folder structure is such that I keep the RAW files in the same folder as the JPG's. The problem? I have no way to tell Serviio to ignore the RAW files, so when viewing pictures on my TV I see each image twice, first the JPG, then the RAW. Of course, the RAW file is much bigger so it takes longer to load. This makes it a time consuming and, frankly, slightly annoying to watch slide shows.

For me, this would mean that I would have to go back and reorganize hundreds of folders on my computer to separate the RAW files from the JPG's. I'm guessing that many others have the same folder structure as I do.

Would it be very difficult to add a "file types" check box to the serviio console so you can tell it to ignore certain file types while indexing?

Thanks.
<<

Manala

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:52 pm

Re: File type filtering, please.

I love this software but this is something I would like to achieve also. My Samsung TV doesn't support wmv's, and transcoding is not an option for me. I'd like Serviio just to ignore all wmv's while indexing the files. Is there any way to achieve this for example by editing a configuration file or are the included file types somehow determined internally in the code?
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:46 pm

It's in the code. Create a bitbucket ticket and I'll see what I can do.
<<

vikenk

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:19 pm

It took a while, but I did open a Bitbucket ticket for this. I hope to see this in a future release. Love Serviio. Keep up the good work!
<<

Iveky

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:02 pm

vikenk wrote:It took a while, but I did open a Bitbucket ticket for this. I hope to see this in a future release. Love Serviio. Keep up the good work!

samsung serie E/F support some wmv files, my Samsung ES don't need to transcode this one: wmv3 with wmapro, so it isn't clever to discard all wmv files... i tried to change profile to disable transcoding for this kind of codec...

Return to Feature requests