FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Viera TV suddenly not seeing Serviio

<<

Sheza

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:54 pm

Viera TV suddenly not seeing Serviio

Hi everyone,

This problem ties up with two events that happened recently so it's hard to know which one it is as I don't use Serviio on my TV every day. Basically my Panasonic Viera was working fine until recently when it now displays a red dot next to the IP for the TV.

Recent change #1 would be a router reset that I think may have caused internal IP address changes, though Serviio correctly lists the IP of my TV.

Recent change #2 would be an absolute nightmare I had with Java lately. Java just refuses to work as it should. If I try downloading it in Chrome it says it's up to date, but Chrome simply doesn't load anything Java. If I try to load something with Java in Firefox it says it's outdated and is a security risk. I have uninstalled and re-installed from the official site several times. After doing this, Serviio throws up an error saying Java is missing. I uninstall everything Java and download it through Serviio which seems to give a different version to the one from the official site. I install it and it seems to work, but then Java's website says I have the latest version AND an outdated . pointless one that should be removed. When I try to uninstall it, my RAM usage shoots through the roof until Windows crashes, out of allocatable memory.

Oh how I wish there was a non-Java version of Serviio.

In the mean time, can anyone help me get it working? I have a Panasonic tuner & recorder box that can see the Serviio, has a green dot next to it on the console, and can view the list of things on there but it can't play a single one, despite my Viera TV beiing able to play all formats I've previously thrown at it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:43 am

Re: Viera TV suddenly not seeing Serviio

Hi Sheza, some things to try:

For #1, perhaps remove all your renderers from the list and then let Serviio redetect them.
For #2, My guess is this is the culprit given the problems you are having in your browsers. Try

1. Uninstall Java from your system (again).
  2. Use the Java removal tool at http://www.java.com/en/download/faq/uni ... olinfo.xml to make sure its truly gone - remove all versions it detects.
  3. Reinstall Java - if you are a Win64 user you should also install the 32 bit version for your browser. See http://www.java.com/en/download/faq/java_win64bit.xml. Take note of which you do first.
  4. If this doesn't work repeat steps 1-3 and this time install the versions the other way around (some users have reported that the order matters but I've never had it verified).
Let me know if it helps.
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.
<<

Sheza

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:21 pm

Hi, thanks for the response.

I've done all of those things but sadly, no dice. Mainly because after removing all the renderers, the only one Serviio now sees is the Panasonic recorder.

I just don't understand why it used to work fine with the TV until very recently. It just doesn't find it, but for all I can see the network works and is open.
<<

cresus88

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:46 pm

Hello,
Same problem for me with the Panasonic Viera TX-L32E5E. All worked well. I don't use serviio every day, and yesterday i wanted to use it but now the TV don't see any DLNA media server. I can see the Panasonic TV on the serviio console, and the led dot is green. A recent firmware update on the TV and serviio server 1.4.1.2 update are the only changes i have made.

I have try to apply all DLNA Panasonic profil, shutting down firewall and antivirus, reinstalling java 32 and 64 bits, Serviio, but nothing to do, it doesn't work.
<<

Sheza

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:16 pm

Still having problems here :/
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:29 am

@cresus88: did you try following my earlier post - particularly the bit on removing the renderers.

@Sheza: as Serviio hasn't detected the Viera it suggests something has changed with your network. Serviio broadcasts its presence to devices and vice versa - the symptoms you have suggest these broadcast packets aren't getting through. This could be due to firewall or router changes - in your case, given the router reset, thats where I would look.

A few things to look for:
  • What's different between the network to the TV and the network to the Recorder? Is one wireless, one wired? Are there any switches in the way? How is your server connected (wired/wireless)
  • Have you a backup of your router config - if so, does a restore help?
  • In your router look for settings to do with "IGMP" or "IGMP Proxy". Change those settings and see if that helps.
  • Disable any firewalls - both on your router and on the Serviio server
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
<<

Sheza

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:32 am

DenyAll wrote:@cresus88: did you try following my earlier post - particularly the bit on removing the renderers.

@Sheza: as Serviio hasn't detected the Viera it suggests something has changed with your network. Serviio broadcasts its presence to devices and vice versa - the symptoms you have suggest these broadcast packets aren't getting through. This could be due to firewall or router changes - in your case, given the router reset, thats where I would look.

A few things to look for:
  • What's different between the network to the TV and the network to the Recorder? Is one wireless, one wired? Are there any switches in the way? How is your server connected (wired/wireless)
  • Have you a backup of your router config - if so, does a restore help?
  • In your router look for settings to do with "IGMP" or "IGMP Proxy". Change those settings and see if that helps.
  • Disable any firewalls - both on your router and on the Serviio server

My Dad - whose presence always seems to make technology 'just work', did the same thing I had done the previous week and basically looked at the TV's network settings. After it reported that everything was fine (as it did last week) it can now see and play videos from the Serviio. Serviio now sees the TV and has given it the profile. It's a bit more stuttery than it was and fast-forwarding causes it to stop playing. It definitely used to be better. Going to troubleshoot a possible bandwidth issue for that.

Going to answer the question anyway: Both the TV and the Serviio server (my PC) have wired connections to the router.
<<

cresus88

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:01 pm

DenyAll wrote:@cresus88: did you try following my earlier post - particularly the bit on removing the renderers.

Yes i did, deleted the renderers, and then refresh.
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:13 am

And did the TV re-appear in the list after you refreshed? Is the IP address of the TV as displayed in Serviio the same as in the Network Settings on the TV?
DenyAll
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
<<

cresus88

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:21 pm

Yes, no problem in the serviio console, the TV re-appear after refresh, the IP adress is OK, correct in the serviio console and in the TV config, but the TV don't find the serviio server.

Return to Panasonic