FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Only one device can connect at a time.

<<

mwstevenson

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:16 pm

Only one device can connect at a time.

I have the Serviio server client running on a Windows 10 machine. I also have several Kodi devices (some on RasPis, some on Firesticks) connected to TVs. Only a single device can connect at a time, not just streaming - I can't access the Serviio server at all if another device is connected to it. I've looked around the forums, but I haven't found a solution. The only thing I can figure is maybe it's my firewall configuration. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:17 am

Re: Only one device can connect at a time.

No, it won't be a firewall issue on your Windows computer. If one device can connect, then any device can. My bedroom Shield is playing something from Serviio right now, so I tried it here downstairs and had no issue with this Shield, or a Roku. Both Shield players are using Kodi, while the Roku uses their Media Player app.

So, what you're having is a network issue. How is your network configured? What are you using for a router, and how do you get your Internet access? Years ago Comcast offered a home modem/router for Internet, but it only permitted one device at a time to connect. Any additional connections were not issued an IP address, so they wouldn't work. However, it sounds like you have at least two good connections (the Serviio computer and a player). What are the IP addresses of each connected device? Basically you need to ensure they are all on the same address range, with the same subnet. For most home networks, the IP address will start with 192.168. then two more segments. The third segment must also match on all devices, with only the last segment being a unique number for each device. For example, my network gateway router is 192.168.0.1, my primary Serviio computer is 192.168.0.2, and my numerous connected devices are all assigned an address with the last segment beginning at 21. The Shield I'm currently using is 192.168.0.48.

I'd be curious if the Serviio log shows any rejected connections of any kind. Your log is located at C:\Program Files\Serviio\log\serviio.log.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

mwstevenson

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:06 am

Re: Only one device can connect at a time.

Hey Dan,

Thanks for the suggestion. It *was* a network issue. I had replaced a few WiFi APs with a mesh system the previous week and apparently the default configuration is as a router system (192.168.68.XXX, rather than 192.168.1.XXX). I changed it to APs and everything worked awesome. This also fixed a problem I was having with a networked laser printer... so thanks for that, too! :D

Return to Serviio Support & Help