FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Deny access to specific folders and files

<<

Will80

Serviio newbie

Posts: 1

Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:06 pm

Post Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:32 pm

Deny access to specific folders and files

Would it be possible to deny individual devices access to certain folders and files? That one has access from one device and not from another.
<<

zip

User avatar

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Posts: 17056

Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:24 pm

Location: London, UK

Post Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:54 am

Re: Deny access to specific folders and files

You can do that in the Pro edition, per shared folder and per device.

In future I want to make this more fine grained (per user).
<<

bugotrep

Serviio newbie

Posts: 2

Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:41 pm

Location: Varna, Bulgaria

Post Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:48 pm

Re: Deny access to specific folders and files

Hello there,

Is it possible to exclude some kind of files from media library, such as *sample*?
<<

atc98092

User avatar

DLNA master

Posts: 3329

Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:22 pm

Location: Washington (the state)

Post Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:48 am

Re: Deny access to specific folders and files

bugotrep wrote:Hello there,

Is it possible to exclude some kind of files from media library, such as *sample*?


One simple way is to make the file "hidden". With Windows, just right-click file and select Properties, then check the Hidden box at the bottom of the General tab. Other OSs will have a similar function. You can control seeing "hidden" files in your OS file explorer, so it can still be seen. But Serviio ignores hidden files by default.
Dan

Panasonic ST30 Plasma, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku 4, Ultra and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 8 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 18 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

bugotrep

Serviio newbie

Posts: 2

Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:41 pm

Location: Varna, Bulgaria

Post Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:50 pm

Re: Deny access to specific folders and files

atc98092 wrote:
bugotrep wrote:Hello there,

Is it possible to exclude some kind of files from media library, such as *sample*?


One simple way is to make the file "hidden". With Windows, just right-click file and select Properties, then check the Hidden box at the bottom of the General tab. Other OSs will have a similar function. You can control seeing "hidden" files in your OS file explorer, so it can still be seen. But Serviio ignores hidden files by default.

This is not working when the files are already indexed by Serviio. How database can be managed to exclude them?
<<

zip

User avatar

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Posts: 17056

Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:24 pm

Location: London, UK

Post Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:01 pm

Re: Deny access to specific folders and files

you cannot atm. They won't be used to fetch metadata, so they should not appear under Movies, etc. But they will show under Folders category
<<

atc98092

User avatar

DLNA master

Posts: 3329

Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:22 pm

Location: Washington (the state)

Post Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:54 pm

Re: Deny access to specific folders and files

bugotrep wrote:
atc98092 wrote:
bugotrep wrote:Hello there,

Is it possible to exclude some kind of files from media library, such as *sample*?


One simple way is to make the file "hidden". With Windows, just right-click file and select Properties, then check the Hidden box at the bottom of the General tab. Other OSs will have a similar function. You can control seeing "hidden" files in your OS file explorer, so it can still be seen. But Serviio ignores hidden files by default.

This is not working when the files are already indexed by Serviio. How database can be managed to exclude them?


Move the file out of the folder temporally. Serviio will remove it from the DB. Then move it back, and the hidden setting should keep it out of the Titles view. As Zip says, it may still be visible in the Folders view.
Dan

Panasonic ST30 Plasma, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku 4, Ultra and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 8 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 18 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Feature requests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.