FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Samsung TV no longer sees Serviio

<<

morganae

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:59 am

Samsung TV no longer sees Serviio

I'm a PC tech by trade, but the TV has me confounded.

Serviio is up and running just fine on the computer, but when I hit my Sources button for the TV, Serviio is no longer any option. The PC and the TV still have the same IP addresses, both have connectivity, both are on the same subnet. No changes have been made what-so-ever.

I have reboot the PC, power cycled the TV, and yet no luck.

I believe the issue to be on the TV end of things rather than the PC or the Serviio software. I am hoping one of you might have some ideas that I am overlooking.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:01 pm

Re: Samsung TV no longer sees Serviio

What model TV, what version of Serviio? Has the TV received a firmware update lately? Is the TV seeing anything else via the network, such as Netflix or other computers?

I have two Samsung TVs and one Blu-Ray player. No issues with either.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

adidre

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:32 pm

Same issue here,

The Serviio dissapeared suddenly from the Tv source list...The TV is detected on the PC serviio console.
It used to work properly so far.
TV model 46ES8000

I did a serviio reinstall on the PC but it didn't help.
Any ideas about what could i try to make it work again?
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:02 pm

If you are sure there's no anti-virus or firewall issue blocking on the PC, and the TV can see the network (assuming it can reach Netflix or other Internet content), the only remaining area to look at is the network.

If you are using Wi-Fi, make sure you don't have your router/WAP set in "guest" mode or some such thing, as that will block the device from seeing anything else on the network. If there's a Multicast setting, make sure it's enabled.

If you are cabled, there's virtually nothing that could be wrong. The only sort of network switches that are capable of having VLAN settings are likely for more expensive than you would spend for your home. ;)

If you are using Wi-Fi and it is possible to temporarily use a network cable, give that a shot. If it works, you've narrowed it down to the Wi-Fi.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

<<

adidre

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:01 pm

Indeed there was a network issues. Mine turn back to normal after I reset the WIFI router.
All OK now.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:00 am

I've seen routers that appear to be working just fine, but after a reboot the problem goes away. Never seems to fail... :lol:

Glad you're working OK now!
Dan

Return to Samsung