FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

No Samsung QLED TV Profile available yet ?

<<

Helix

Serviio newbie

Posts: 6

Joined: Thu May 14, 2020 2:54 pm

Post Sat May 16, 2020 10:58 am

No Samsung QLED TV Profile available yet ?

Hello.

I will soon change my TV for a Samsung QLED TV.
The reference is : "QE43Q60TAUXXC".

So, I think the serie is "Q" but on Serviio, there is apparently not any profile for that TVs.

Can you please confirm me that and, a compatibility it is planned ?

Thanks.
<<

atc98092

User avatar

DLNA master

Posts: 4026

Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:22 pm

Location: Washington (the state)

Post Sat May 16, 2020 2:28 pm

Re: No Samsung QLED TV Profile available yet ?

Most profiles are created with the assistance of users that have that device. It's difficult to make a profile for something one don't have. Once you have the TV, you can experiment with some other TV profiles and see which works the best. If you find a satisfactory one, you can stick with it, or if there's still an area that needs tweaking we can help you out.

I have to add my usual tirade against Samsung and their DLNA player. Unless they've made some significant changes, you're far better off using an external player of some sort. The current Samsung DLNA players lack any reasonable user interface. No metadata, only a tiny cover image to help select a title. I gave up on Samsung years ago for using their internal players. Have no problems with their TVs (I have several), but I use a Roku or Shield player instead.
Dan

Samsung NU7100 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 8 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

Helix

Serviio newbie

Posts: 6

Joined: Thu May 14, 2020 2:54 pm

Post Sat May 16, 2020 3:06 pm

Re: No Samsung QLED TV Profile available yet ?

atc98092 wrote:Most profiles are created with the assistance of users that have that device. It's difficult to make a profile for something one don't have. Once you have the TV, you can experiment with some other TV profiles and see which works the best. If you find a satisfactory one, you can stick with it, or if there's still an area that needs tweaking we can help you out.

I have to add my usual tirade against Samsung and their DLNA player. Unless they've made some significant changes, you're far better off using an external player of some sort. The current Samsung DLNA players lack any reasonable user interface. No metadata, only a tiny cover image to help select a title. I gave up on Samsung years ago for using their internal players. Have no problems with their TVs (I have several), but I use a Roku or Shield player instead.

Hello.
Thanks for your response.
I will study the buying of one of them (like Roku, Shield, as you say). And as you say too, possibilities of Samsung DLNA are quickly limited. I have always favored this method because it's fast and cheap, but we must quickly had to do face of somes limits at some times...
We can't have all up! :D
<<

Helix

Serviio newbie

Posts: 6

Joined: Thu May 14, 2020 2:54 pm

Post Tue May 26, 2020 10:26 pm

Re: No Samsung QLED TV Profile available yet ?

Hello.

For information : NU profile is compatible with new Samsung QLED TV - Q series (2020 models).
<<

atc98092

User avatar

DLNA master

Posts: 4026

Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:22 pm

Location: Washington (the state)

Post Tue May 26, 2020 10:51 pm

Re: No Samsung QLED TV Profile available yet ?

Helix wrote:Hello.

For information : NU profile is compatible with new Samsung QLED TV - Q series (2020 models).


Glad it's working for you. Tell me, will your TV resume if you stop playback before it reaches the end? There's another user that just bought a QE55Q90R. It plays all of his media, but resume doesn't work as it did with his previous Samsung.
Dan

Samsung NU7100 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 8 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

Helix

Serviio newbie

Posts: 6

Joined: Thu May 14, 2020 2:54 pm

Post Tue May 26, 2020 10:59 pm

Re: No Samsung QLED TV Profile available yet ?

atc98092 wrote:
Helix wrote:Hello.

For information : NU profile is compatible with new Samsung QLED TV - Q series (2020 models).


Glad it's working for you. Tell me, will your TV resume if you stop playback before it reaches the end? There's another user that just bought a QE55Q90R. It plays all of his media, but resume doesn't work as it did with his previous Samsung.

Yes, I confirm you just at the moment, the TV resume medias.
It's the model Q80T (R = 2019 / T = 2020 I think).
<<

atc98092

User avatar

DLNA master

Posts: 4026

Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:22 pm

Location: Washington (the state)

Post Wed May 27, 2020 12:36 am

Re: No Samsung QLED TV Profile available yet ?

Thanks for that. I'll pass it along.
Dan

Samsung NU7100 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 8 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

mystv

Serviio newbie

Posts: 2

Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:54 pm

Post Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:09 pm

Re: No Samsung QLED TV Profile available yet ?

Hello!
I'm using a GQ55Q85RGTXZG - but resuming an interrupted video unfortunately doesn't work here - not even with nu profile. I would be glad to get some hints how to support to get it working.
I don't know if it's relevant: The GQ TV doesn't have a remote with a stop key. To "stop" the video, you just go back to the play list. Stopping via pause key doesn't solve the problem, too.
<<

atc98092

User avatar

DLNA master

Posts: 4026

Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:22 pm

Location: Washington (the state)

Post Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:52 pm

Re: No Samsung QLED TV Profile available yet ?

mystv wrote:Hello!
I'm using a GQ55Q85RGTXZG - but resuming an interrupted video unfortunately doesn't work here - not even with nu profile. I would be glad to get some hints how to support to get it working.
I don't know if it's relevant: The GQ TV doesn't have a remote with a stop key. To "stop" the video, you just go back to the play list. Stopping via pause key doesn't solve the problem, too.


I just have to repeat that the Samsung DLNA player is terrible. I know it's convenient to use the functionality the TV offers, but when a $40 Roku or Fire TV works so much better, it's tough to put up with the TV's player. If you want top of the line playback, the Nvidia Shield with Kodi as the player app makes the TV player look like the afterthought that it is.

Can we make resume work on your set? Without having one myself, I really can't offer any help. I was able to create the NU profile because I have one. It's not an easy task to build a custom profile when you don't have the set to test with.
Dan

Samsung NU7100 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 8 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

mystv

Serviio newbie

Posts: 2

Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:54 pm

Post Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:30 pm

Re: No Samsung QLED TV Profile available yet ?

Thanks atc98092 for your very fast reply! I really appreciate it!

While looking at the serviio log, I detected this entry:

WARN [RendererManager] Error while retrieving renderer description from http://192.168.15.23:9197/dmr: Read timed out

I just managed to get it working with your NU profile after fixing this problem! It has been my own fault! I had to fix a network issue, which prevented the get /dmr Request to work properly. There have been problems with package size (MTU). I had to fix it with a TCPMSS rule (iptables).

Sorry for the noise!
<<

atc98092

User avatar

DLNA master

Posts: 4026

Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:22 pm

Location: Washington (the state)

Post Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:14 pm

Re: No Samsung QLED TV Profile available yet ?

Nice troubleshooting. Good job!
Dan

Samsung NU7100 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 8 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Samsung

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.