FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

serviidb.com

<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:09 am

Re: serviidb.com

I will start adding these new fields. Which world you guys like to see via the API?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:24 pm

I'll be happy to input in all the entries to each fields.
It's upto the ServiDB integrator to pick and choose which fields they want to use in their apps.

moltra can you make all the fields plain text. The GUI front end from the developers can decide what format they want it displayed. Makes it easier for me to enter fields.
Sony Bravia 2010 52NX803 - Sony PS3 - Xbox 360
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:29 pm

Yes, i will create all the fields tonight and make them plan text.

Mark
Beta Tester Group

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:18 pm

What is everyone thoughts about adult plugins?
We can make jokes about it but they are very very popular.

Should they be included?
Should they have login only to access them?
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:32 pm

Xmantium wrote:What is everyone thoughts about adult plugins?
We can make jokes about it but they are very very popular.

Should they be included?
Should they have login only to access them?

I keep going over and over on this. I have even thought of doing a seperate database and API for them. A couple of things that I have to watch out about is minors using the database, but if I require an age for login in or accessing DB, then I have privacy / legal concerns involving storing information of children. Also since the database and API is available worldwide, I have to think about foreign laws and rules.
Mark
Beta Tester Group

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:50 pm

Let me know when plugin labels are updated, got 4 weeks time to kill before going to work

Think "Plugin Stutus" should have three variables, ACTIVE, ISSUES, INACTIVE, these can display on front end by Green, Amber and Red.
Then we can have "Plugin Status Info" - Description of Stutus

Stutus info can be important such plugins such as 4oD saying "New TV shows not supported by Serviio due to change in 4oD"
ITVPlayer can say "Guidence by Adult programmes not supported by Serviio" ect
<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:56 pm

I would definately like to see plugin logos, there maybe issues with copyright images, but like thetvdb or TMDb include DCMA takedown requests

This will look nice on any serviiDB front ends
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:19 pm

I have been having trouble with my VPS all night and day today, I am trying to get the site back up ASAP.
Mark
Beta Tester Group

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:36 am

Working fine now. Had a chance to look at plugins data fields?
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:45 am

Xmantium wrote:Working fine now. Had a chance to look at plugins data fields?

Yes I have looked at them, but have had little errors for the last week and was trying to figure out what was going on.

I think I was hitting the memory limit at times, due to having the mediabrowser, api and website hits at the same time. I ended up upgrading the VPS.

I am even thinking about adding another VPS in the UK and a loadbalancer.

I am already paying almost $50 a month just for current VPS? I do not mind paying a little bit out of my pocket, but adding the 2nd VPS and loadbalancer will take the total monthly price to around $120.
Mark
Beta Tester Group

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:53 am

moltra wrote:I am already paying almost $50 a month just for current VPS? I do not mind paying a little bit out of my pocket, but adding the 2nd VPS and loadbalancer will take the total monthly price to around $120.

:o I thought your running on home made server!? :shock:
Think its best to take off the MediaBrowser if its causing issues
Last edited by Xmantium on Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:56 am

Xmantium wrote: :o I thought your running on home made server!? :shock:

Nope, trying to run the server as reliable as I can. I have a 30 Meg connection at home and I still do not think it could handle it.

I am now running a Linode 1 Gig server was running a 768 Meg server.
Mark
Beta Tester Group

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:09 am

Yikes! I dont think the ads will pay for it, by default Chrome AdBlock settings mosts ads dont appear.
Its alot to pay. Are there other solutions without upgrading for the API to work using less RAM

I think site log in should be invite only. I dont see many users contribute, this will cut the bandwidth.
The main page can be just a list of contents. This will get all horsepower to the API which is what the site is for
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:15 am

I have looked, i had it on a shared site and was 20+ sec to load page. I have a Amazon associates account and may add a web store to the site to help party for it.

Mark
Beta Tester Group

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:43 am

What about changing the engine. Part of the issues maybe Drupal. I know it provides all the building blocks.

Other solutions could be a custom PHP/mySQL page. These run perfectly fine on standard web server
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:32 pm

Xmantium wrote:What about changing the engine. Part of the issues maybe Drupal. I know it provides all the building blocks.

Other solutions could be a custom PHP/mySQL page. These run perfectly fine on standard web server

I am going to look into other engines / ideas, but I think I have it working better, I adjusted the settings of mysql and apache and it seems to be using alot less memory. the mediabrowser does not use a lot of memory, I think before it was a series of events causing the problem and I added on automatic backup to the server and it was enough to max out the memory.
Mark
Beta Tester Group

<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:25 pm

I have added amazon associate stores to serviidb.com to help pay for the server, I will get between 3-5% of anything that is purchased through the stores. So if you purchase anything off amazon please use my stores if possible. I will be adding 4 more stores over the next few days.

serviidb.com online shopping: Canada
serviidb.com online shopping: Deutschland
serviidb.com online shopping: France
serviidb.com online shopping: United Kingdom
serviidb.com online shopping: United States
Mark
Beta Tester Group

<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:55 pm

Right now the API is returning multiple copies of some items, due to revisions. I am working on the background queries to resolve this bug. Sorry for any problems.
Mark
Beta Tester Group

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:44 pm

It seems to be 4oD only.
The login problem has been fixed - thanks

site seems to be down ATM
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:28 pm

Xmantium wrote:It seems to be 4oD only.
The login problem has been fixed - thanks

site seems to be down ATM

I have a memory leak someplace. I keep trying to locate it.
Mark
Beta Tester Group

PreviousNext

Return to Third-party tools integration