FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Öppet Arkiv (Swedish Public television archive)

<<

ottomatic

DLNA master

Posts: 224

Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:15 am

Post Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:39 pm

Öppet Arkiv (Swedish Public television archive)

Hi folks,

This is a "sister plugin" to SvtPlay. I'm creating a separate thread for it so that discussion / bug reports can be kept separate.

Edit 2015-08-31
New version, 7, is adjusted for altered markup at the Öppet Arkiv site.

Add a feed definition for any of the anchors found in the top "alphabet bar" at:
http://www.oppetarkiv.se/program

E.g., if you add a feed for the URL:
http://www.oppetarkiv.se/program#A
you will get each episode of each show in the A section, i.e. all shows whose title starts with the letter A.

If you do not wish to have recursive listing by letter, just add feed definitions for individual url:s such as:
http://www.oppetarkiv.se/etikett/titel/ ... bba-dooo_/

Instructions are in the source of the plugin, and pasted here:
  Code:
 * ##############################################
 * Resource URL instructions
 * ##############################################
 *
 * This is a plugin of the type "Web Resource" ("Webbresurs").
 *
 * You may add individual shows as individual feeds, e.g.:
 *     http://www.oppetarkiv.se/etikett/titel/Beppes_godnattstund/
 *   
 *     This should give you all the episodes of Beppes godnattstund.
 *
 * OR: You may add a "letter url" giving you all the episodes of
 *     all the shows beginning with that letter. E.g.:
 *     http://www.oppetarkiv.se/program#A
 *     
 *     The episodes will be fetched recursively for each show but
 *     will be presented in a non-hierarchical list since the Serviio
 *     plugin architecture does not support the creation of recursive
 *     folders "on the fly".
 *
 *     You will find all such special section letters at the url:
 *     http://www.oppetarkiv.se/program
 *     

Regards

/ O
Attachments
OppetArkiv.groovy
Öppet Arkiv version 7
(46.99 KiB) Downloaded 341 times
Last edited by ottomatic on Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:32 pm, edited 7 times in total.
<<

JeffreyLee

Serviio newbie

Posts: 2

Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:26 pm

Post Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:14 pm

Re: Öppet Arkiv (Swedish Public television archive)

ottomatic wrote:Hi folks,

This is a "sister plugin" to SvtPlay. I'm creating a separate thread for it so that discussion / bug reports can be kept separate.

Regards

/ O


Nice work.Thank you.
<<

n3mmr

DLNA master

Posts: 354

Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:01 am

Post Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:00 pm

Re: Öppet Arkiv (Swedish Public television archive)

ottomatic wrote:Hi folks,

This is a "sister plugin" to SvtPlay. I'm creating a separate thread for it so that discussion / bug reports can be kept separate.

Regards

/ O

Thanks:

I just wish I could give this plugin a fairly high-level URL and do some browsing in serviio.

I e I'd rather NOT have to prepare one URL for each show but rather give the plugin the URL http://www.oppetarkiv.se/kategori/titel and then browse.

Or something to at least avoid the drudgery of having to prepare hundreds of URLs, one for each show.

The charm in oppeterkiv.se is the browse-down-memory-lane experience.
<<

ottomatic

DLNA master

Posts: 224

Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:15 am

Post Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:27 pm

Re: Öppet Arkiv (Swedish Public television archive)

n3mmr wrote:I e I'd rather NOT have to prepare one URL for each show but rather give the plugin the URL http://www.oppetarkiv.se/kategori/titel and then browse.

Or something to at least avoid the drudgery of having to prepare hundreds of URLs, one for each show.


I agree. However, there is no support for recursive folders in the plugin structure.

The best I could do is to accept the "titel" url as a special one and then list all episodes of all shows found there. In effect, it would be a recursive search, but presented as a flat non-hierarchical list.0 But then we get into the question of how many items it is reasonable to return.

Would this be interesting?

Regards.

/ O
<<

n3mmr

DLNA master

Posts: 354

Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:01 am

Post Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:45 pm

Re: Öppet Arkiv (Swedish Public television archive)

ottomatic wrote:
n3mmr wrote:I e I'd rather NOT have to prepare one URL for each show but rather give the plugin the URL http://www.oppetarkiv.se/kategori/titel and then browse.

Or something to at least avoid the drudgery of having to prepare hundreds of URLs, one for each show.


I agree. However, there is no support for recursive folders in the plugin structure.

The best I could do is to accept the "titel" url as a special one and then list all episodes of all shows found there. In effect, it would be a recursive search, but presented as a flat non-hierarchical list.0 But then we get into the question of how many items it is reasonable to return.

Would this be interesting?

Regards.

/ O

I thought a lot about this and I think this id the best anyone could do.

Could the result be presented per alpha character?

To make this usable one should return everything.
I suppose one could fake it: .../titel/a shouöd make the plugin return all titles beginning in a under .../titel
<<

n3mmr

DLNA master

Posts: 354

Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:01 am

Post Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:26 am

Re: Öppet Arkiv (Swedish Public television archive)

n3mmr wrote:
ottomatic wrote:
n3mmr wrote:I e I'd rather NOT have to prepare one URL for each show but rather give the plugin the URL http://www.oppetarkiv.se/kategori/titel and then browse.

Or something to at least avoid the drudgery of having to prepare hundreds of URLs, one for each show.


I agree. However, there is no support for recursive folders in the plugin structure.

The best I could do is to accept the "titel" url as a special one and then list all episodes of all shows found there. In effect, it would be a recursive search, but presented as a flat non-hierarchical list.0 But then we get into the question of how many items it is reasonable to return.

Would this be interesting?

Regards.

/ O

I thought a lot about this and I think this id the best anyone could do.

Could the result be presented per alpha character?

To make this usable one should return everything.
I suppose one could fake it: .../titel/a shouöd make the plugin return all titles beginning in a under .../titel


Was my idea above reasonable??? Can you imagine a way to do it??
<<

ottomatic

DLNA master

Posts: 224

Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:15 am

Post Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:38 am

Re: Öppet Arkiv (Swedish Public television archive)

n3mmr wrote:Was my idea above reasonable??? Can you imagine a way to do it??


Yes. I just haven't had the time to look into implementing it.

I will also see if there is an API for scripting feed definitions. In that case, the plugin could come with a script to generete feed definitions for each letter from A to Ö.

Regards.

/ O
<<

ottomatic

DLNA master

Posts: 224

Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:15 am

Post Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:25 pm

Re: Öppet Arkiv (Swedish Public television archive)

Folks,

As per n3mmr's request, I have uploaded an new version of the plugin.

This new verision, 1.0.3, supports bundling shows by first letter.

Add a feed definition for any of the anchors found in the top "alphabet bar" at:
http://www.oppetarkiv.se/kategori/titel

E.g., if you add a feed for the URL:
http://www.oppetarkiv.se/kategori/titel#A
you will get each episode of each show in the A section, i.e. all shows whose title starts with the letter A.

Enjoy

/ O
<<

n3mmr

DLNA master

Posts: 354

Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:01 am

Post Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:10 am

Re: Öppet Arkiv (Swedish Public television archive)

ottomatic wrote:Folks,

As per n3mmr's request, I have uploaded an new version of the plugin.

This new verision, 1.0.3, supports bundling shows by first letter.

Add a feed definition for any of the anchors found in the top "alphabet bar" at:
http://www.oppetarkiv.se/kategori/titel

E.g., if you add a feed for the URL:
http://www.oppetarkiv.se/kategori/titel#A
you will get each episode of each show in the A section, i.e. all shows whose title starts with the letter A.

Enjoy

/ O



Unfortunately this won't really work; There are about 25-50 shows per letter, and anything from 2 up to 10 or 15 episodes of each show. And this hits the limit pretty quick....

I had unwittingly imagined one menu entry per show, or even per season of each show...

For something like Öppet Arkiv to be usable with Serviio, Serviio needs to support plugin generated multilevel menues.

Currently Serviio is NOT very well suited to browsing web resource archives.
<<

ottomatic

DLNA master

Posts: 224

Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:15 am

Post Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:56 am

Re: Öppet Arkiv (Swedish Public television archive)

n3mmr wrote:
ottomatic wrote:Folks,

As per n3mmr's request, I have uploaded an new version of the plugin.

This new verision, 1.0.3, supports bundling shows by first letter.

Add a feed definition for any of the anchors found in the top "alphabet bar" at:
http://www.oppetarkiv.se/kategori/titel

E.g., if you add a feed for the URL:
http://www.oppetarkiv.se/kategori/titel#A
you will get each episode of each show in the A section, i.e. all shows whose title starts with the letter A.

Enjoy

/ O



Unfortunately this won't really work; There are about 25-50 shows per letter, and anything from 2 up to 10 or 15 episodes of each show. And this hits the limit pretty quick....

I had unwittingly imagined one menu entry per show, or even per season of each show...

For something like Öppet Arkiv to be usable with Serviio, Serviio needs to support plugin generated multilevel menues.

Currently Serviio is NOT very well suited to browsing web resource archives.


I admit to not having tried browsing these "letter links".

But I do beleive that I scrapped the 80 item under-the-hood limit in the internal logic. That is to say: if you select "unlimited" as the max number of feed items, you should get the entire Öppet Arkiv indexed and browsable. If it means poor usability, then that's another question.
<<

n3mmr

DLNA master

Posts: 354

Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:01 am

Post Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:14 pm

Re: Öppet Arkiv (Swedish Public television archive)

ottomatic wrote:
n3mmr wrote:
ottomatic wrote:Folks,

As per n3mmr's request, I have uploaded an new version of the plugin.

This new verision, 1.0.3, supports bundling shows by first letter.

Add a feed definition for any of the anchors found in the top "alphabet bar" at:
http://www.oppetarkiv.se/kategori/titel

E.g., if you add a feed for the URL:
http://www.oppetarkiv.se/kategori/titel#A
you will get each episode of each show in the A section, i.e. all shows whose title starts with the letter A.

Enjoy

/ O



Unfortunately this won't really work; There are about 25-50 shows per letter, and anything from 2 up to 10 or 15 episodes of each show. And this hits the limit pretty quick....

I had unwittingly imagined one menu entry per show, or even per season of each show...

For something like Öppet Arkiv to be usable with Serviio, Serviio needs to support plugin generated multilevel menues.

Currently Serviio is NOT very well suited to browsing web resource archives.


I admit to not having tried browsing these "letter links".

But I do beleive that I scrapped the 80 item under-the-hood limit in the internal logic. That is to say: if you select "unlimited" as the max number of feed items, you should get the entire Öppet Arkiv indexed and browsable. If it means poor usability, then that's another question.



It seems to be as you say; the lists are aggravatingly irritatingly long with loads of redundant info, but they seem to work.

I still say Serviio needs to add the ability for a plugin or similar to create its own menues and submenues using whatever structure the plugin designer wishes to apply.

A useful variant for Öppet Arkiv would be for the ability to say that directories will form submenues.

What say you, Ottomatic, sir?
<<

n3mmr

DLNA master

Posts: 354

Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:01 am

Post Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:27 pm

Re: Öppet Arkiv (Swedish Public television archive)

The latest version works OK, mostly!

However, for shows with lots and lots of entries, shows that occupy more than one page with a "Visa fler" panel, the next page isn't shown.

Can that be managed???

An example is Fem myror.... with 28 entries, the plugin only finding the first 18.
<<

ottomatic

DLNA master

Posts: 224

Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:15 am

Post Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:37 pm

Re: Öppet Arkiv (Swedish Public television archive)

n3mmr wrote:The latest version works OK, mostly!

However, for shows with lots and lots of entries, shows that occupy more than one page with a "Visa fler" panel, the next page isn't shown.

Can that be managed???

An example is Fem myror.... with 28 entries, the plugin only finding the first 18.


Thanks for reporting. I'll have a look at the Fem myror example.
<<

n3mmr

DLNA master

Posts: 354

Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:01 am

Post Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:16 am

Re: Öppet Arkiv (Swedish Public television archive)

One more issue; How am I supposed to specify http://.......#[Å,Ä,Ö]???
I tried %C3%96 for Ö, but that seems not to work.

N.B. This might NOT be the actual problem; P, Q, R, S fails, too!

Comments??
<<

n3mmr

DLNA master

Posts: 354

Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:01 am

Post Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:22 am

Re: Öppet Arkiv (Swedish Public television archive)

Ottomatic??? Where did you go?
<<

ottomatic

DLNA master

Posts: 224

Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:15 am

Post Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:25 am

Re: Öppet Arkiv (Swedish Public television archive)

n3mmr wrote:One more issue; How am I supposed to specify http://.......#[Å,Ä,Ö]???
I tried %C3%96 for Ö, but that seems not to work.

N.B. This might NOT be the actual problem; P, Q, R, S fails, too!

Comments??


As far as I can tell, in these URL:s you just use the swedish language character without escaping it.

Regards

/ O
<<

n3mmr

DLNA master

Posts: 354

Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:01 am

Post Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:47 am

Re: Öppet Arkiv (Swedish Public television archive)

ottomatic wrote:
n3mmr wrote:One more issue; How am I supposed to specify http://.......#[Å,Ä,Ö]???
I tried %C3%96 for Ö, but that seems not to work.

N.B. This might NOT be the actual problem; P, Q, R, S fails, too!

Comments??


As far as I can tell, in these URL:s you just use the swedish language character without escaping it.

Regards

/ O


In what character set?? UTF8 or what?

And why won't P Q R S and Z Å Ä Ö work??
<<

ottomatic

DLNA master

Posts: 224

Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:15 am

Post Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:54 am

Re: Öppet Arkiv (Swedish Public television archive)

n3mmr wrote:In what character set?? UTF8 or what?


I suppose so.

n3mmr wrote:And why won't P Q R S and Z Å Ä Ö work??


Not sure. I haven't got all the development tools for the plugin on my new laptop yet, so there is a bit of a startup job for me to examine the problem.

I'll get to it soon though.

Regards

/ O
<<

ottomatic

DLNA master

Posts: 224

Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:15 am

Post Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:18 pm

Re: Öppet Arkiv (Swedish Public television archive)

n3mmr wrote:One more issue; How am I supposed to specify http://.......#[Å,Ä,Ö]???
I tried %C3%96 for Ö, but that seems not to work.

N.B. This might NOT be the actual problem; P, Q, R, S fails, too!

Comments??


Like previously stated, the swedish language characters should be unescaped.
The problems weren't the characters per se, but that there were escaped characters in the actual URL:s scraped from the HTML markup. This was the case with the other non-functioning letters as well. The "#P" section had "Packat & Klart" with the ampersand escaped in the URL.

Bottom line is:
I have uploaded a new version (1.0.4) which deals with this.

I forgot to have a look at the other issue, regarding shows with many episodes. Will have a look and perhaps another fix will be released shortly.

/ O
<<

n3mmr

DLNA master

Posts: 354

Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:01 am

Post Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:17 pm

Re: Öppet Arkiv (Swedish Public television archive)

ottomatic wrote:
n3mmr wrote:One more issue; How am I supposed to specify http://.......#[Å,Ä,Ö]???
I tried %C3%96 for Ö, but that seems not to work.

N.B. This might NOT be the actual problem; P, Q, R, S fails, too!

Comments??


Like previously stated, the swedish language characters should be unescaped.
The problems weren't the characters per se, but that there were escaped characters in the actual URL:s scraped from the HTML markup. This was the case with the other non-functioning letters as well. The "#P" section had "Packat & Klart" with the ampersand escaped in the URL.

Bottom line is:
I have uploaded a new version (1.0.4) which deals with this.

I forgot to have a look at the other issue, regarding shows with many episodes. Will have a look and perhaps another fix will be released shortly.

/ O

Thanks man!

Great job you're doing.
Next

Return to Available plugins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.