FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

AceStream

<<

Funkybassman

Serviio newbie

Posts: 6

Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:47 pm

Post Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:27 am

AceStream

Greetings from a streaming newbie so apologies if this is in the wrong place or a stupid question

Is it possible to reroute an Acestream feed to serviio in the same way that a SopCast stream can be redirected

Thanks
<<

zip

User avatar

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Posts: 17078

Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:24 pm

Location: London, UK

Post Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:30 am

Re: AceStream

Do you have an url?
<<

Funkybassman

Serviio newbie

Posts: 6

Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:47 pm

Post Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:53 pm

Re: AceStream

acestream://fe9e1a075a083dd3ea4451116937a7a3a51dff0d

was the one I was watching earlier but match finishes 1600 GMT



acestream://b2b3ddb483e3c4c6a7ebe3da2c35772a8e1fa67d

is also playing at the moment

T on Y
<<

zip

User avatar

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Posts: 17078

Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:24 pm

Location: London, UK

Post Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:52 pm

Re: AceStream

ah.. so it looks like a completely proprietary protocol. So no, it won't be supported unless you manage to hack it, like with a VLC re-streaming it.
<<

Funkybassman

Serviio newbie

Posts: 6

Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:47 pm

Post Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:53 am

Re: AceStream

Thanks for the prompt reply.......

The ace player looks exactly like VLC so all I need to do now is to work out how to stream my desktop to my Pioneer BCS-222 home cinema systems using the latest version of VLC/ACe player (the instructions in the wiki use an old version plus I'm using a dedicated sound card so I dont get the same options when it comes to setting up playback and recording audio options)

Thanks again for checking it out for me

T on Y
<<

Xmantium

User avatar

DLNA master

Posts: 1418

Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:12 pm

Location: Manchester, UK

Post Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:55 pm

Re: AceStream

Im surprised AceStream not been covered before on Serviio, probably because SopCast is used more.
For those who are unaware what AceStream is - http://www.wiziwig.tv/softwareitem.php?softwareid=28

The main goal of the AceStream (Also known as Torrent Stream) project is to provide multifunctional technological solution that will lead mechanism for publishing, sharing and dissemination of audio-visual information on the Internet to a new quality level.

The basic core of Ace Stream System is a specialized software (Ace Stream HD / TS Engine), developed as a client application software for Windows, Mac, Linux/Ubuntu, Android, Apple iOS, etc. (Prior to release 1.0.6, only the version for Windows will be available for the installation).
Sony Bravia 2010 52NX803 - Sony PS3 - Xbox 360
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS
<<

a1cap0ne

Serviio newbie

Posts: 2

Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:25 pm

Post Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:34 pm

Re: AceStream

Follow the below instructions which i picked up on the net:

Create an http stream:
This can only be done by using the full AceStream player, not the browser plugin. Unlike streaming from any other source like an AVI file or webcam, you can't setup an http stream directly from the AceStream player interface, but there is a workaround which is very easy.

1) start up the AceStream player and go to Options > Preferences
--> Show all options (bottom left of the popup screen)
--->select streamoutput
http://www.gargola.org/wp-content/uploa ... .46-PM.png
--> enter this code in the Default Stream Output Chain field: #duplicate{dst="http{mux=ts,dst=:8902/tv.asf}",dst=display}

This code will create a http stream for every video that is played with the AceStream player. In this example, the AS player will "forward" the video to http://localhost:8902/tv.asf which is the same as the default Sopcast stream. This can be customized to suit your needs and can even include transcoding options.

Play the stream with your favourite device and enjoy!

Just did this myself this morning and got it working fine. created an on-line live stream pointing to http://192.168.0.8:8902/tv.asf (my sever address), started Acestream and let it buffer for 5 mins and then started the stream on my Panasonic TV.
<<

adebisi

Serviio newbie

Posts: 2

Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:52 pm

Post Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:00 pm

Re: AceStream

a1cap0ne wrote:Follow the below instructions which i picked up on the net:

Create an http stream:
This can only be done by using the full AceStream player, not the browser plugin. Unlike streaming from any other source like an AVI file or webcam, you can't setup an http stream directly from the AceStream player interface, but there is a workaround which is very easy.

1) start up the AceStream player and go to Options > Preferences
--> Show all options (bottom left of the popup screen)
--->select streamoutput
http://www.gargola.org/wp-content/uploa ... .46-PM.png
--> enter this code in the Default Stream Output Chain field: #duplicate{dst="http{mux=ts,dst=:8902/tv.asf}",dst=display}

This code will create a http stream for every video that is played with the AceStream player. In this example, the AS player will "forward" the video to http://localhost:8902/tv.asf which is the same as the default Sopcast stream. This can be customized to suit your needs and can even include transcoding options.

Play the stream with your favourite device and enjoy!

Just did this myself this morning and got it working fine. created an on-line live stream pointing to http://192.168.0.8:8902/tv.asf (my sever address), started Acestream and let it buffer for 5 mins and then started the stream on my Panasonic TV.

I was using this for a couple of months. But i updated Serviio on 1.4 and its stop working. Serviio does not recognice it anymore. I tried everything but no luck.
<<

AshaVaTaR

Serviio newbie

Posts: 1

Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:34 am

Post Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:46 pm

Re: AceStream

Try this Guide.both sopcast and acestream working fine for me no lags etc..

http://streaminguide.blogspot.com/
<<

bubu

Serviio newbie

Posts: 5

Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:56 pm

Post Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:53 pm

Re: AceStream

a1cap0ne wrote:Follow the below instructions which i picked up on the net:

Create an http stream:
This can only be done by using the full AceStream player, not the browser plugin. Unlike streaming from any other source like an AVI file or webcam, you can't setup an http stream directly from the AceStream player interface, but there is a workaround which is very easy.

1) start up the AceStream player and go to Options > Preferences
--> Show all options (bottom left of the popup screen)
--->select streamoutput
http://www.gargola.org/wp-content/uploa ... .46-PM.png
--> enter this code in the Default Stream Output Chain field: #duplicate{dst="http{mux=ts,dst=:8902/tv.asf}",dst=display}

This code will create a http stream for every video that is played with the AceStream player. In this example, the AS player will "forward" the video to http://localhost:8902/tv.asf which is the same as the default Sopcast stream. This can be customized to suit your needs and can even include transcoding options.

Play the stream with your favourite device and enjoy!

Just did this myself this morning and got it working fine. created an on-line live stream pointing to http://192.168.0.8:8902/tv.asf (my sever address), started Acestream and let it buffer for 5 mins and then started the stream on my Panasonic TV.

i tried this,but its giving my this: http://127.0.0.1:6878/content/6dceb428f ... 3389713462 :evil:
<<

dazcuz68

Serviio newbie

Posts: 1

Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:53 pm

Post Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:58 pm

Re: AceStream

Hi. Hopes this helps.
In Serviio online sources, put http://localhost:8902/tv.asf
Worked perfect for me. Very happy.
Here is where I got the info from:
http://forum.wiziwig.eu/threads/81442-T ... nal-device
<<

andres21

Serviio newbie

Posts: 1

Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:38 pm

Post Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:45 pm

Re: AceStream

dazcuz68 wrote:Hi. Hopes this helps.
In Serviio online sources, put http://localhost:8902/tv.asf
Worked perfect for me. Very happy.
Here is where I got the info from:
http://forum.wiziwig.eu/threads/81442-T ... nal-device

hi,do you use plugin for acestream?i am follow all the step but still cant work :( ,my system samsung smart tv 2012,hope someone can help me :D .thank you
<<

bubu

Serviio newbie

Posts: 5

Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:56 pm

Post Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:57 pm

Re: AceStream

if i check in servio console the stream is ok,but not showing on my tv (lg smart tv 2013) :evil:
Some streams are working on tv some not,h.264 files are working,it is a way to transcode every stream to h.264?
Last edited by bubu on Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

erdosain9

Serviio newbie

Posts: 3

Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:02 pm

Post Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:13 pm

Re: AceStream

it's possible to add subtitles, some how??
Thanks!
<<

marika43

Serviio newbie

Posts: 12

Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:29 pm

Post Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:29 pm

Re: AceStream

I update serviio to 1.7.1 (or 1.7) from 1.6.1 and this acestream plugin doesn't work on my LG Tv
With serviio 1.6.1 all is ok.
<<

sake

User avatar

Serviio newbie

Posts: 11

Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 9:31 am

Location: Sofia, Bulgaria

Post Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:25 pm

Re: AceStream

a1cap0ne wrote:Follow the below instructions which i picked up on the net:

Create an http stream:
This can only be done by using the full AceStream player, not the browser plugin. Unlike streaming from any other source like an AVI file or webcam, you can't setup an http stream directly from the AceStream player interface, but there is a workaround which is very easy.

1) start up the AceStream player and go to Options > Preferences
--> Show all options (bottom left of the popup screen)
--->select streamoutput
http://www.gargola.org/wp-content/uploa ... .46-PM.png
--> enter this code in the Default Stream Output Chain field: #duplicate{dst="http{mux=ts,dst=:8902/tv.asf}",dst=display}

This code will create a http stream for every video that is played with the AceStream player. In this example, the AS player will "forward" the video to http://localhost:8902/tv.asf which is the same as the default Sopcast stream. This can be customized to suit your needs and can even include transcoding options.

Play the stream with your favourite device and enjoy!

Just did this myself this morning and got it working fine. created an on-line live stream pointing to http://192.168.0.8:8902/tv.asf (my sever address), started Acestream and let it buffer for 5 mins and then started the stream on my Panasonic TV.


I am currently with Serviio 1.10 and this is truly the easiest option I managed to find in order to set this up. My only issue is now that my TV does not support .asf extensions - Sony KD-49XD8005. Any suggestions? Anything you could think of? I see the source but it is unplayable for me :(
<<

sake

User avatar

Serviio newbie

Posts: 11

Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 9:31 am

Location: Sofia, Bulgaria

Post Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:39 pm

Re: AceStream

Guys, the live stream does not work under Serviio 2.0. I don`t see the stream any longer, while everything was working under 1.10.

Second question: how could I downgrade to 1.10 without losing my settings? How could I save them so I could uninstall everything and start afresh? :roll:
<<

atc98092

User avatar

DLNA master

Posts: 3415

Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:22 pm

Location: Washington (the state)

Post Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:43 pm

Re: AceStream

sake wrote:Guys, the live stream does not work under Serviio 2.0. I don`t see the stream any longer, while everything was working under 1.10.

Second question: how could I downgrade to 1.10 without losing my settings? How could I save them so I could uninstall everything and start afresh? :roll:


You really can't downgrade. There were too many changes to the program, and installing 1.10 over 2.0 would likely end up with a non-functional mess. There is no way to export your settings, other than exporting online sources. I'm afraid a clean install is your only option.
Dan

Panasonic ST30 Plasma, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku 4, Ultra and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 8 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 18 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

sake

User avatar

Serviio newbie

Posts: 11

Joined: Thu May 30, 2019 9:31 am

Location: Sofia, Bulgaria

Post Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:30 am

Re: AceStream

atc98092 wrote:
sake wrote:Guys, the live stream does not work under Serviio 2.0. I don`t see the stream any longer, while everything was working under 1.10.

Second question: how could I downgrade to 1.10 without losing my settings? How could I save them so I could uninstall everything and start afresh? :roll:


You really can't downgrade. There were too many changes to the program, and installing 1.10 over 2.0 would likely end up with a non-functional mess. There is no way to export your settings, other than exporting online sources. I'm afraid a clean install is your only option.


Thanks for your reply. Are you going to investigate why the stream is not visible in 2.0? Also, I managed to share my entire screen using the Wiki Article here: https://wiki.serviio.org/doku.php?id=stream_pc_vlc3 , however, this steam is not visible now either. I think that something must have gone wrong with 2.0. Any suggestions? :roll:
<<

atc98092

User avatar

DLNA master

Posts: 3415

Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:22 pm

Location: Washington (the state)

Post Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: AceStream

I can't speak for the developer, I'm just another user like yourself. I imagine the developer will look into it if/when he has the time. I have no familiarity with AceStream, so can't say how the changes to Serviio might have impacted its function.
Dan

Panasonic ST30 Plasma, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku 4, Ultra and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 8 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 18 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
Next

Return to General discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.