FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

some kind of media server

<<

paislexy

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:36 am

some kind of media server

Home theater media server? I have two TV's, and a home theater projector. Is there any way to hook up a central place to play dvd's, for my satellite receiver, etc. and then have the signal sent to the 3 different tv's depending on where I want to watch it? I didn't know if I could get some kind of media server (know nothing about them) or setup a computer to act as one. I have a spare computer, and would like to use it for a tivo. If anyone could point me in the right direction for info it would be much appreciated.
Last edited by paislexy on Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

spudy12

DLNA master

Post Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:38 pm

Re: some kind of media server

I think from reading your post you are after a single box you can connect everything to and then view it on different screens?

If this is the case, you might want to take a look at the Onkyo Receivers. http://www.uk.onkyo.com/en/a-v-receiver-306.html
You plug all your sources in to them and it then unifies them in to one HDMI output. The higher end receivers include a functionality called 'Zones'. This allows you to connect multiple tv's / projectors, in different rooms and play media to them. Unsure whether it can be done in multiple rooms at the same time or not.

Return to General discussion