FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Samsung renderer profile

<<

jvingaard

Serviio newbie

Post Tue May 05, 2015 10:11 pm

Samsung renderer profile

Has anybody made a renderer profile for the new Samsung Smart TV 2015 running Tizen?
I don't know to much about making a profile but I have found something about Sound & Video for Tizen

** Link removed by user. **

So maybe there are a someone out there that can make one?
Last edited by jvingaard on Wed May 06, 2015 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Tue May 05, 2015 11:44 pm

Re: Samsung renderer profile

I'm just using the default Samsung H Series profile with no issues. It makes no difference what OS the TV is running. DLNA is an industry standard (at least it's supposed to be!) so it just plays any media that works with its advertised support. The link you provided is for app developers, and has nothing to do with DLNA.

That said, I am having trouble with only one set or Blu Ray rips. The Star Wars collection. It doesn't seem to matter if I rip to MKV or M2TS, the movie plays for about 15 minutes then freezes. If I hit stop and play, it will resume where I left off, but the constant stops get annoying. Because it's only those 6 BDs, that make me think they embedded something within the data to "discourage" ripping. I can remux them into MP4 files and they play fine, so who knows?

I do still believe we will need a Samsung J Series profile, but I don't know enough about the data tags the set sends out to know what it can play and what specifically requires transcoding. The Device Spy info is posted in the Wiki, so hopefully someone can look it over and see what we need. From my earlier testing, it seems the latest Samsung sets can play almost everything without transcoding. The only one I know for certain that doesn't play are WTV files.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

jvingaard

Serviio newbie

Post Wed May 06, 2015 9:25 am

Yes it would be nice, if someone out there could make a J profile for the new 2015 Samsung Smart TV.
in the meantime i will try to use the H profile.
<<

KirbySKeller

Serviio newbie

Post Mon May 11, 2015 7:03 pm

I am using H profile and I am preety satisfied with it.
<<

Supernova

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:19 pm

I think there needs to be a profile for J Series.

I have a JU7000 and noticed that when I use the generic profile, It does not play Youtube videos as an online resource! So changing that to H-Series solves the problem with youtube playback. However, I found out that there is still problem with some other online resources such as Sweflix, Xvideo,.... Serviio correctly fetches the list of all videos and shows thumbnails for them, but cannot play them! I receive the "please check your network connection" error. I do not know what actually causes the problem, but I assume it can be related to the renderer profile as was the case with youtube videos.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:15 pm

Supernova wrote:I think there needs to be a profile for J Series.

I have a JU7000 and noticed that when I use the generic profile, It does not play Youtube videos as an online resource! So changing that to H-Series solves the problem with youtube playback. However, I found out that there is still problem with some other online resources such as Sweflix, Xvideo,.... Serviio correctly fetches the list of all videos and shows thumbnails for them, but cannot play them! I receive the "please check your network connection" error. I do not know what actually causes the problem, but I assume it can be related to the renderer profile as was the case with youtube videos.

I get that "check your connection" message as well, but I just select the movie again and the 2nd time it plays. Samsung is still working the bugs out of Tizen. I use the H profile for the time being, but my guess is it probably transcodes stuff that doesn't need it. I'm not knowledgeable enough about the information the TV provides to know what needs it and what doesn't. :oops:
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

<<

Supernova

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:14 am

atc98092 wrote:
Supernova wrote:I think there needs to be a profile for J Series.

I get that "check your connection" message as well, but I just select the movie again and the 2nd time it plays. Samsung is still working the bugs out of Tizen. I use the H profile for the time being, but my guess is it probably transcodes stuff that doesn't need it. I'm not knowledgeable enough about the information the TV provides to know what needs it and what doesn't. :oops:

That solution does not work in my case. I click on movies several many times with no success (same error message).
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:19 pm

Re: Samsung "J" renderer profile

I have to say that I did a clean Serviio install on my test server after installing Windows 10, and I am now having issues using the Samsung H profile on my JU TV. It won't play my WTV files, and I think there's a few others as well. Since it's the bedroom TV I don't get to just play with it usually. Something has to be playing for the wife to go to sleep, so I can't tinker with it. Since it's working on my primary Serviio box, I must have modified the profile. Have to look closer. Also, I haven't changed FFMPEG to the 64 bit version yet, and that has fixed more than one issue in the past.
Dan

<<

stevieboy620

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:12 pm

I have a wired network samsung smart tv UN65JU7100FXZA the smart app doesn't play the movie just buffers and xbox one app works flawless. I have another samsung wireless but I doubt the smart app will work. I'll give it go.
<<

stevieboy

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:45 pm

stevieboy620 wrote:I have a wired network samsung smart tv UN65JU7100FXZA the smart app doesn't play the movie just buffers and xbox one app works flawless. I have another samsung wireless but I doubt the smart app will work. I'll give it go.

Wired connection fails on the samsung tv app just buffers every 5 seconds, my sharp TV xbox 360 30 feet away wifi works flawless.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:02 pm

stevieboy wrote:
stevieboy620 wrote:I have a wired network samsung smart tv UN65JU7100FXZA the smart app doesn't play the movie just buffers and xbox one app works flawless. I have another samsung wireless but I doubt the smart app will work. I'll give it go.

Wired connection fails on the samsung tv app just buffers every 5 seconds, my sharp TV xbox 360 30 feet away wifi works flawless.

The J/JU series could certainly use their own profile. If none of your files require transcoding, you might try the generic profile. I have the same set as you (just smaller), and it plays almost everything without transcoding. Most of mine are MKV files with either MPEG2 or H264 video. These play with no issues.
Dan

Return to General discussion