FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Shared files and libary updates

<<

Vertex

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:26 pm

Shared files and libary updates

First of all, thanks for this great piece of software!

I am running Serviio at the moment in a virtual maschine (KVM, LVM) under Debian 6.0 on my private Debian Server with bridged networking. The media files are mounted via cfis (FreeNAS) into the VM. My main DLNA client is a brand new Samsung UE46D7090. I just tell you the details so that you have an idea of what I am doing.

Now my question - the GUI shows me under the tab "Libary" - "Search for updates of currently shared files" and "Keep libary automatically updated". Its not clear to me how these two functions work together. In my humble opinion the last one implies the first one - or i am wrong ? Or let me say it with other words - for me it makes no sense to only activate the first one, if the libary isn't updated too.

Maybe i am completely wrong and someone can explain me the sense of this selection.

Thanks in advance.
Vertex

P.S.: While testing I had the feeling, that when I add or remove media files/directories serviio didn't update the libary correctly, because my TV still showed me the old state (even hours later) - only when I started over serviio the changes were displayed. I am not sure whats wrong here - I think it needs some further investigation.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:43 pm

Re: Shared files and libary updates

"Search for updates of currently shared files" - searches for updates in files (e.g. updated ID3 tag in mp3 files, changed folder.jpg, etc), if unchecked it only searches for new/removed files (for folders with the circle arrow checked)
"Keep libary automatically updated" - automatic trigger of files search, if unchecked you have to click the force button.
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:54 pm

Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

Vertex

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:04 pm

Thank you very much for the quick response. Now everything is clear for me. And thanks for the
link too - shame on me that i missed the thread.

Have a nice day
Vertex
<<

michelrobert

Serviio newbie

Post Mon May 02, 2011 11:40 pm

I am using sumsung 3010 so I tell you the details and you have an idea of what I am doing.and give me the sum information of this model so i am wating ur answer.
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Tue May 03, 2011 5:05 am

michelrobert wrote:I am using sumsung 3010 so I tell you the details and you have an idea of what I am doing.and give me the sum information of this model so i am wating ur answer.

i have no idea what you want or need. :S
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging

Return to General discussion