FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Can access Serviio from Google Pixel 2 & VLC app

<<

TwistedHelixis

Serviio newbie

Post Thu May 07, 2020 12:17 pm

Can access Serviio from Google Pixel 2 & VLC app

Hi, I can access Serviio from my Sony TV just fine but Serviio does not get listed on my pixel 2 Android phone with the VLC app.

Its driving me nuts
Any thoughts why
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Thu May 07, 2020 2:05 pm

Re: Can access Serviio from Google Pixel 2 & VLC app

First requirement of course is that the Pixel and Serviio must be connected to the same network. VLC will not see Serviio if you are only on a cellular connection. DLNA will not broadcast over the Internet, so both devices must be connected to the same internal network.

Next, some WiFi access points/routers have controls that block wireless devices from seeing the internal network. That must be disabled so the Pixel can see other devices on the network.

Then check your access point/router for any settings for uPNP (universal plug and play) or Multicast and ensure they are allowed.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

TwistedHelixis

Serviio newbie

Post Thu May 07, 2020 3:11 pm

Hello, Thanks for replying :0)

Both the TV and phone are connected to same router and both using Wifi.

When I open VLC on my phone and click on network, it lists other DLNA devices in the house, just not Serviio.

Also tried a couple of other media play phone apps and non of those list Serviio.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Thu May 07, 2020 5:01 pm

Ok, sounds like no issues with the network. And I'm assuming that Serviio is visible to other devices on your network.

What operating system are you using for Serviio? Windows, Linux or Mac? I'm wondering if there might be some sort of firewall issue on the PC. If it's not Windows, I probably can't help much.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

LyricKerr

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:03 pm

The error you are talking about occurs quite often among users of phones with the Android operating system. In most cases, the reason is that the phone does not support software updates. Accordingly, all applications start working slowly or don't load at all. In such cases, there are two possible solutions. The first option is not to update the software version. The second option is to buy new phones more often and choose the ones that support the latest software updates. I ordered a new phone at https://degoogledirect.com. It has a special operating system that does not interact with Google.

Return to Serviio Support & Help