FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Seriio no longer available on TVs

<<

tekwizrd

Serviio newbie

Post Wed May 22, 2024 4:46 pm

Seriio no longer available on TVs

Loooong time user. Love me some Serviio. I do IT for a living and troubleshoot pretty well. I bought a new PC with WIN 1 1 on it about 4 months ago or so. All has been working well with it and Serviio and my Samsung TV's. Within the past month, Serviio no longer shows up as an option on any of my 3 TV's yet DLNA from the same PC does. I turned on my old PC whic :? :? h is no longer connected to media library, but it does show up on all of the TV's. I Uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled Serviio with a current version. No change. I rolled back ALL of the WIN 11 updates I could, turned of Defender Firewalls, turned off my VPN. None of which fix the issue. I have generated a DEBUG log file but cannot upload it, it states it is too big. At wits end, ready to look for a replacement but as a long time user would love to get this working again I need some help and direction please. Nothing in the log file was obvious to me, but that doesn't really mean much ... Hoping to get some assistance. Thank you in advance. :?

Also to note, the Active devices listed in the console only showing . 1 of the 3 TV's all devices either showing state of Red circle or question mark. Nothing shoing active (green circle)
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed May 22, 2024 7:50 pm

Re: Seriio no longer available on TVs

Your problem is with Windows. Something is blocking the DLNA/uPnP ports, and it's most likely in the firewall settings. Others have reported issues with Win 11, but my servers are all still on Windows 10, so can't even offer any assistance for your issue. uPnP uses UDP port 1900, so make sure that's open, even if your firewall says it's disabled.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

tekwizrd

Serviio newbie

Post Thu May 23, 2024 9:21 am

Thank you for the Reply, I will try to look at this tonight and pot a follow up. It was strange to me that even though I turned off all of the Windows firewalls DLNA was being seen as well from Windows, but not Serviio. This was all working up to about 3 weeks ago . I will poke around some more. I appreciate the feedback as I am at a loss.
<<

tekwizrd

Serviio newbie

Post Thu May 23, 2024 10:20 pm

CHecking into port, all is good, It is open if Windoes UDPn is showing on the TVs. Its just Serviio that is not.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Thu May 23, 2024 10:50 pm

There's something strange with Windows 11, but I have no idea what it might be. I don't have a computer with it that I can experiment with to see what's happening.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Serviio Support & Help