FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serviio quit working after appling an update

<<

stache1

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:14 pm

Serviio quit working after appling an update

Serviio had been working for me for a month or so when I got a notice that there was an update available. it asked if i wanted to install it and i replied yes. I did not use serviio for a while but when next used it i could not connect to the DLNA server on my local network. I get the response that the server is not available. I can ping the tv from the server and it responded okay. I have reset the every device in the network several times but always get the same result. due to time constraints I have not had the time to devote to the problem until now. I have a Sony Bravia TV 2011 and a Sony blue-ray player bdp-s580 setup in the server and was successful in watching movies on both earlier this year and part of last year. Is it possible that the serviio update caused the problem as nothing else has changed??? Can I remove the update to go backward and see if that was the problem?? I am using a asus system running 32/64 bit Vista. The TV is connected via a wireless setup and the blue-ray is connected thru an ATT Uverse box using the Lan connection. The TV is Bravia model kdl 46ex723. Any help or ideas would help. The about page shows that I have serviio v 1.0.1 running. I could not find any serviio entries in the download directory.
<<

HansDreve

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:01 pm

Re: Serviio quit working after appling an update

Same here with a Bravia 2010 tv.
Old Serviio was working fine until this morning, after the update the tv won't connect anymore.

Nothing changed exept Serviio.

I'm not happy! Always watch some video before bed, but that is not gonna happen tonight.

Hope that this will be fixed asap!

Thanks!

Edit;

When I remove tv from device list and restart Serviio, the tv is found, correct model and has a green 'light' in front of it. But no connection from tv. No access to server is what I get.

BTW, in the same screen the wrong nic was selected, while that always had been correct. Both selecting the correct nic or put it on auto doesn't help, tv is found. On second nic tv is not found (correct).

Edit 2;

Attached Debug logfile, maybe it will help
Attachments
serviio.log
(25.81 KiB) Downloaded 221 times
Last edited by HansDreve on Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

grolschie

DLNA master

Post Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:41 pm

The profile for Sony 2010 BDP devices (maybe 2011 ones also?) will need to be manually selected in the Console with Serviio 1.2.
Using Serviio on Debian "Wheezy" with Xbox 360, Sony BDP-S370 & Panasonic E6.
<<

HansDreve

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:52 pm

grolschie wrote:The profile for Sony 2010 BDP devices (maybe 2011 ones also?) will need to be manually selected in the Console with Serviio 1.2.

I'm not talking about blue ray player but bravia tv set. Serviio selects the correct profile. Manual re-selecting has no effect. But maybe it will be of some assistance to the first person who reported it, he/she is indeed using a bdp from Sony.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:58 pm

It looks like it's bound to 192.168.1.212, which I don't think is your IP, right?
<<

HansDreve

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:14 am

zip wrote:It looks like it's bound to 192.168.1.212, which I don't think is your IP, right?

192.168.1.212 Is one of the IP Addresses assigned to the server, but the first IP is 192.168.1.113

My second streaming client, Humax decoder, isn't seeing Serviio either.
Also I don't see Serviio anymore in Windows 8. Never tried if it works from Windows 8, but I could see it under the multimedia devices.
On the other hand, a DNLA enabled client app on my iPhone (8player), works fine.
<<

TheGDog

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:45 pm

Similar scenario here. Was on v1.1 updated to v1.2... didn't really bother to test it immediately afterward.... much later I try, no go. In my Sony BDP S580 BluRay player I go in and remove all devices and have it try to Update the list again... nothing.... go to my PC... disable Norton's Firewall just in case that might be the culprit... try to have the player Update the list again... nothing. In View Network Status I can confirm it's IP and in Serviio console I see this IP.. made sure to pick the DLNA profile that makes the most sense for my player. OF NOTE.... There is a Yellow colored "light" dot icon in front of that IP address entry.

I'm way tech-savvy so no need to break-down steps for me to try to an excruciating level.

Any help with this will make a 5 year old boy very happy.

P.S. checked and noticed a v1.2.1 Gonna DL and install that now. Reboot complete. Attempt again to have both players see it... no go. :(
<<

HansDreve

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:39 pm

It is working again, thanks to the update, 1.2.1

Had to set the correct IP address (in my case 192.168.1.113), restarted the service (just restarting from the console had no effect) and it became visible again in Windows 8, the Humax box and my Sony Bravia TV.

Thank you for solving this problem so soon!
<<

TheGDog

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:32 pm

Manual stop and restart of the service has no effect for me. :(

RE-EDIT
I just now also noticed that transcoding was no longer enabled. I think I'd turned that off before with no ill effect... but just in case I turned it back on... did manual stop start of service.... and also did a Force Refresh on library.

When it finished the Refresh I powered-down, powered-on the BDP BluRay player and attempted to have it update its list of servers with no success.
<<

TheGDog

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:55 pm

FYI... for anyone else after me having these same issues... I installed a competitors product. After doing so I still wasn't seeing their DLNA server showing on my Sony BDP S580 BluRay player.

* * * BUT * * *
That had a nice link on their site for things to look at if this was happening. And one of the items was to make sure IGMP snooping and IGMP Proxy related settings were turned off.

This turned out to be the culprit. I "Disabled" the IGMP-related settings/features in the router my Verizon FIOS service gave me and bada-bing she's back up and running.

Enclosed I'm attaching a PrtScr from the particular page within my Router settings/configuration to help visualize this for others. :mrgreen:
Attachments
IGMP_Settings_Disabled_Them.jpg
IGMP Setting MUST BE DISABLED on your Router
IGMP_Settings_Disabled_Them.jpg (124.58 KiB) Viewed 5115 times
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:41 pm

thanks, yes, some users also found this to be a problem. I've added this info to the FAQ.
<<

stache1

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:02 am

Just had time to follow up on this subject. installed 1.2.1. Problem was fixed. Thank you to all who responded to this. When I have problems with a lot of the software out there, usually it takes months or never to get an answer. I don't know if no one knows the answers or whatever but this is refreshing.

Return to Serviio Support & Help