FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Is there a screen saver I can use?

<<

jk10003

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:13 pm

Is there a screen saver I can use?

I know it's a bit far afield, but it's kind of related. I am using Serviio to serve media to my Samsung UN40C6400RF TV. Serviio is a very intelligent product, and it has provided great flexibility in configuring folders, and does a wonderful job of transcoding; I especially like that it can play Apple AAC files as MP3s. But that brings up a question. If I use my TV to play music, I may have it on for hours,without a change in the screen, and I start to worry about the image burning in, even though that's less likely in modern TVs. Has anyone found a solution for this? Samsung tells me you can't turn off just the screen, and I'm not aware of any kind of screen saver that might work in this case.
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:28 pm

Re: Is there a screen saver I can use?

jk10003 wrote:I know it's a bit far afield, but it's kind of related. I am using Serviio to serve media to my Samsung UN40C6400RF TV. Serviio is a very intelligent product, and it has provided great flexibility in configuring folders, and does a wonderful job of transcoding; I especially like that it can play Apple AAC files as MP3s. But that brings up a question. If I use my TV to play music, I may have it on for hours,without a change in the screen, and I start to worry about the image burning in, even though that's less likely in modern TVs. Has anyone found a solution for this? Samsung tells me you can't turn off just the screen, and I'm not aware of any kind of screen saver that might work in this case.

does the built in screensaver on the smasung not kick in ?
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

jk10003

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:52 pm

VERY interesting. I now see that there are at least three flavors of screen saver in this TV. When I connect to the list of Internet apps, if there's no activity,the screen goes black in about 5 minutes. If I am in an Internet app (Internet@TV is what they call them), after 15 minutes of no activity, a screen saver with a little Samsung logo appears. But strangest, and worst of all, when I am in Media Player, there seems to be NO screen saver - at least not after 30 minutes of inactivity.
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:02 pm

jk10003 wrote:VERY interesting. I now see that there are at least three flavors of screen saver in this TV. When I connect to the list of Internet apps, if there's no activity,the screen goes black in about 5 minutes. If I am in an Internet app (Internet@TV is what they call them), after 15 minutes of no activity, a screen saver with a little Samsung logo appears. But strangest, and worst of all, when I am in Media Player, there seems to be NO screen saver - at least not after 30 minutes of inactivity.

hmm ok will test this out when im at home next prolly wont be till friday tho :) thanks for the starting point..
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

jk10003

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:11 pm

Excellent to have someone else verifying my sanity, such as it is. Thanks.
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:52 pm

jk10003 wrote:Excellent to have someone else verifying my sanity, such as it is. Thanks.

rofl no one said anything about me being sain ;) but willlook into it for ya :)
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Return to User experiences