FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Newbie needs help with profile and transcoding

<<

barty

Serviio newbie

Post Tue May 01, 2012 2:31 am

Newbie needs help with profile and transcoding

Hi

I'm trying to get serviio to work with my Sony Google TV and iPad (I know, good luck).

For the Sony Google TV, I am using aVia Media player. It mostly works except for some files.

"aVia Media Renderer." does show up in the list of renderers under device name. I manually assign Sony Bravia TV and several other profiles but those problematic files (mkvs, mostly) fail to play. Yet other mkv (x264 codec) files play just fine.

Question: if I manually assign the profile, it uses that profile, correct? It doesn't matter what the <Identification> entry says, right?

I stop and restart server each time. I even stop and restart the serviio service (win 7 x64). Is that necessary?

For the ipad, I copied a profile posted on this forum. But it's not transcoding, and looking at the log (I have DEBUG logging on) it doesn't seem to be using the ipad profile that I manually assign. (I think it's using the generic profile). The result is only mp4/mov files play. There are some players on the ipad that attempt to play other files, but not well at all. It'd be better to transcode.

thanks for any help.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Tue May 01, 2012 5:44 pm

Re: Newbie needs help with profile and transcoding

For the Sony Google TV, I am using aVia Media player. It mostly works except for some files.

I think someone tried to get a Google TV profile already.

Question: if I manually assign the profile, it uses that profile, correct? It doesn't matter what the <Identification> entry says, right?

Right.

I stop and restart server each time. I even stop and restart the serviio service (win 7 x64). Is that necessary?

You have to restart the service (or PC), just stopping the server from the console won't work.

Return to Transcoding