FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

X Box 360

<<

Termin8r

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:06 pm

X Box 360

Good morning all,

I recently downloaded serviio to play movies through my x box 360. My x box 360 has the option to view serviio but for whatever reason there is nothing in the library I shared. I have one .avi movie I'd like to watch and its not appearing on the x box under the serviio tab. I can however view the movie on my laptop which the .avi movie is on.
I am a noob and I made some attempts to read some of the previous x box user issues before posting. I know how to pull up the log, but that is it. I didn't really understand how to change certain lines of code, which others have said as advice to fix some issues. Is there a basic how to utilize Serviio and the x box 360 to play movie on a tv? Can anyone try to break this down to me in lamens terms? Thanks in advance for any assistance that anyone can offer.
<<

Illico

DLNA master

Post Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:11 pm

Re: X Box 360

Do you add folder path on serviio console?
Make sure the user that runs Serviio server/service has got access to the shared folders.

Get started
http://www.serviio.org/index.php?option ... ticle&id=5
FAQ
http://www.serviio.org/index.php?option ... icle&id=21
Illico
Sony 2010 KDL-46EX501 | BDP-S373 | SMP-N100 | Windows 8-i7 | Network DD HD-CE1.5TLU2 | Livebox2-UHD86 | ServiiDroid | ServiiGo | BubbleUPnP
Serviio beta tester - Moderator
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:57 pm

It should work wit XBox out-of-the-box. Check the log to see if the files have been added.
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:34 pm

check you havent got a banned xbox360 if you have your out of luck.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:24 pm

Make sure that in the console your xbox is found and the proper profile selected.

To cerberus: Even if the box is banded you do not have to connect to xbox live. I posted a link to download the updates to an USB key or cd and install it that way on the last xbox question thread.
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:31 pm

moltra wrote:Make sure that in the console your xbox is found and the proper profile selected.

To cerberus: Even if the box is banded you do not have to connect to xbox live. I posted a link to download the updates to an USB key or cd and install it that way on the last xbox question thread.

link ? and will add the information to wiki.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

Termin8r

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:23 am

zip wrote:It should work wit XBox out-of-the-box. Check the log to see if the files have been added.

This is my log. Does the online metadata extractor not work converting an .avi movie? WHat confuses me is that the library added the file? I have the movie folder shared on serviio to be able to view movies. I only have this movie in the folder currently, maybe I need to try another type of movie file not a .avi? Thanks for the replies, I didn't realize there were so many on here willing to assist.

11:59,260 WARN [OnlineVideoSourcesMetadataExtractor] Online metadata search returned no results for file def_sharknight_xvid.avi [VideoDescription [type=FILM, names=[def sharknight, null], year=null, season=null, episode=null]]
2012-01-05 20:12:00,210 INFO [LibraryAdditionsCheckerThread] Added file 'def_sharknight_xvid.avi' (title: def_sharknight_xvid) to Library
<<

WildRushSykes

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:58 am

Try renaming it to Shark Night (2011).avi then refresh the library.

When it comes to metadata you have to label the film correctly including the date in brackets to enable the metadata to identify the file correctly.

For Cerberus

http://forum.serviio.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4401

Im assuming this is the right thread
Serviio 1.4.1 - Windows 8.1 Pro x64 with Media Center - HP Pavillion G series - PS3 and 4 - 3TB Drive wih 500+ Bluray MKV Movies

Beta Tester and All Plugins Pack Creator

<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:52 am

WildRushSykes wrote:For Cerberus

http://forum.serviio.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4401

Im assuming this is the right thread

yer i saw that but i questioned it because of this comment

iheartninjas wrote:as far as i know banned consoles can not be updated thru xbox live, by burning updates to cd/dvd or via the usb drive. i have tried all three.

meaning the method is unconfirmed so i dont want to add things to wiki that may not work all spoil it.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:58 am

I am trying to research if you can update a banned xbox 360, but the firewall here at work keeps blocking me. I will look at it when I get home tomorrow.
Mark
Beta Tester Group

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:26 am

thanks moltra, but research only tell us so much we really need someone to actualy try it on a banned xbox. (trusted source)
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:35 am

Nope spoken to a few contacts at MSDN ( and check a few erm special forums) and once an XBOX360 is banned your stuffed it WILL NOT work with divx/xvid AVI file so yoyur limited to ASF format only nothing else will work (well maybe mpegts but i have not confirmation on that).
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:04 am

Cerberus wrote:Nope spoken to a few contacts at MSDN ( and check a few erm special forums) and once an XBOX360 is banned your stuffed it WILL NOT work with divx/xvid AVI file so yoyur limited to ASF format only nothing else will work (well maybe mpegts but i have not confirmation on that).

Bad luck, but thanks for saving me time when I get home.
Mark
Beta Tester Group

<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:46 am

moltra wrote:
Cerberus wrote:Nope spoken to a few contacts at MSDN ( and check a few erm special forums) and once an XBOX360 is banned your stuffed it WILL NOT work with divx/xvid AVI file so yoyur limited to ASF format only nothing else will work (well maybe mpegts but i have not confirmation on that).

Bad luck, but thanks for saving me time when I get home.

its not a total loss XBMC are working on a port for the xbox360 but no eta on it
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

zip

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:34 am

you could transcode everything to asf then
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:59 pm

zip wrote:you could transcode everything to asf then

quality would suffer and cpu usage would be high then wouldnt it ?
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

zip

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:44 pm

yes, but for these abandoned XBoxes without additional codecs there is no solution i guess
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:57 pm

I will have to try and find a banned console and see what I can figure out. If people can make the xbox 360 play pirated games, I do not see why they cannot figure a way to update the box.
Mark
Beta Tester Group

<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:58 pm

moltra wrote:I will have to try and find a banned console and see what I can figure out. If people can make the xbox 360 play pirated games, I do not see why they cannot figure a way to update the box.

cause the codecs are DRM'd thats why.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:54 pm

But to stop an update microsoft would have to have a list of all the banned consoles in the update or something else to identify the banned console. IF there was such a file and the file could be edited and the console in question removed then the offline update should work.
Mark
Beta Tester Group

Next

Return to Transcoding