FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

panasonic 2015 profile ?

<<

zula

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:57 am

panasonic 2015 profile ?

Hi
First post. Been using serviio for awhile. I just ordered a new Panasonic Viera TX-65CR730B . It supports these file types -
AVCHD Progressive, SD-VIDEO/AVI/HEVC/MKV/WMV/MP4/M4v/FLV/3GPP/VRO/VOB/TS/PS, MP3/AAC/WMA Pro/FLAC/Apple Lossless/WAV, JPEG/MPO (TBD)

I have searched for a newer (2015) profile instead of the 2013 version to no avail. If I have transcoding on, willl serviio transcode only the files that are not on the above list ? Do you think I need to change anything on the 2013 profile. One problem I have been having lately is subtitles appearing even though I have them unchecked in settings. These are not hardcoded subs I believe as they have the black background and are English subs on an English language vid.

Sorry for all the questions, but I want to have everything set up before the box arrives
tks
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:39 am

Re: panasonic 2015 profile ?

If I have transcoding on, will serviio transcode only the files that are not on the above list ?
No, thats the job of the profile to tell Servio what to transcode.

Have you tried the Generic DLNA Profile? That profile doesn't transcode anything.

If that doesnt work, then we can start to modify the 2013 profile to suit.

One problem I have been having lately is subtitles appearing even though I have them unchecked in settings.
make sure you press Save after changing the sub-title settings and for good measure, restart your PC. If they are still showing up play the mie on your PC to see if the subs are indeed burnt into the video file.
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.
<<

zula

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:12 pm

Re: panasonic 2015 profile ?

DenyAll wrote:
If I have transcoding on, will serviio transcode only the files that are not on the above list ?
No, thats the job of the profile to tell Servio what to transcode.

Have you tried the Generic DLNA Profile? That profile doesn't transcode anything.

If that doesnt work, then we can start to modify the 2013 profile to suit.

One problem I have been having lately is subtitles appearing even though I have them unchecked in settings.
make sure you press Save after changing the sub-title settings and for good measure, restart your PC. If they are still showing up play the mie on your PC to see if the subs are indeed burnt into the video file.

Tks for the reply. TV just arrived today so I am setting up. I have tried a few problem videos that I had before with subs showing (I was running it through a LG bluray paler before). The subs issue seems to be sorted with the new TV (small sample size). Some other vids that played before now play but with an audio not supported message and no sound as a result. I will continue with testing when I have the other features set up. I am using panasonic 2013 atmo. Will try generic also

Return to Transcoding