FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

JU7000 and 1.6.1 issues - external SRT and other problems

<<

Morgh

Serviio newbie

Posts: 3

Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:40 pm

Post Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:09 am

JU7000 and 1.6.1 issues - external SRT and other problems

So I saw in console that a new version is available so I updated. Well this resulted in a few issues:

1) Subtitles present in the form of external files (SRT) were not being played
2) Movies were taking a LONG time to load up - after selecting content a "Loading" message would appear and it would last for ~3-5 minutes until a movie started playing - after the initial wait I could FF/RW the file without such long loadings, however should I close the file, selecting it again would mean another long load
3) After some time the TV would stop seeing the shared content - the "Serviio" source was available in the TV to choose, however "no content" was displayed. This could be remedied by unplugging the TV from wall socket and replugging - a bit tedious.

I've tried uninstalling together with registry cleaning - no success. Java reinstallation did not help either. All the issues seem to have subsided once I found a 1.6 installation package online.
<<

atc98092

User avatar

DLNA master

Posts: 3423

Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:22 pm

Location: Washington (the state)

Post Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:37 pm

Re: JU7000 and 1.6.1 issues - external SRT and other problem

Make sure the update didn't change the profile you have selected for your set. It usually doesn't, but I have seen it on rare occasions.

I haven't played much with my JU7100 since the version update. My wife usually uses the Sony BD player because the Samsung DLNA functionality isn't the greatest lately. It usually throws a connection error after the movie ends and the next one attempts to load. I know it's the Samsung's problem, as no other device does it. I'll try to remember to check it this week. I believe I have a couple of videos with SRT files so I'll check that as well.
Dan

Panasonic ST30 Plasma, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku 4, Ultra and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 8 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 18 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

Morgh

Serviio newbie

Posts: 3

Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:40 pm

Post Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:01 pm

Re: JU7000 and 1.6.1 issues - external SRT and other problem

I did check this and even deleted the device and waited for it to be detected again. It was J-series in both cases and did not help a bit.
(everything still running smoothly with 1.6)

EDIT: Spoke too soon - the "no content" just happened again - this is so peculiar... it was working just a few hours ago - no changes were made, I can still select the Serviio media server in TV - it just appears to be completely empty (even the initial categories Image/Video/Audio is not displayed)
Simply unplugging TV from socket and replugging it resolved this issue...

I uploaded the LOG file (with detailed logging enabled - without the replugging part though).
Attachments
serviio.zip
(28.77 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
Last edited by Morgh on Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Morgh

Serviio newbie

Posts: 3

Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:40 pm

Post Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:31 pm

Re: JU7000 and 1.6.1 issues - external SRT and other problem

Uploaded Log file in the previous post. Can try to be of more help - just need to be told what to do ;)
<<

mey-zing

Serviio newbie

Posts: 13

Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:08 pm

Post Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:42 am

Re: JU7000 and 1.6.1 issues - external SRT and other problem

I also have the same 3 problems with a ju7500, so basically I stopped using serviio with this tv :(

Return to Samsung

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.