FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[OLD] Android Console

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:09 am

Re: Android Console

Cerberus wrote:yer sadly free versions have to have ads, thats part of googles rules :( so a donate version for about £1 should work for most users.

1. Delete devices badly needed.
2. Presentation and about page tabs needed rather than in setting.

so far everything else seems to work, shows as expected.

I didn't realise that. Have you got a link to some informantion about that? I can't see anything imediately obvious in the docs.

Device management will be in the next release by the end of the week(end)

Moving presentation could work, I need to get more titles displayed on screen at once. I think I'll keep the about where it is though as it won't have any of the update info in it so will just be some text, I might just turn it back into a dialog.
Will

ServiiDroid (Android Console) Developer: Download | Home | Support
ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/WiFi Playback App) Developer: Download | Home | Support
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:30 am

i dont no but going on what people i deal with have said, i work in IT industry.

ah yes found the about page after some digging, damn that was hidden lol, yer presentation definately has to be a tab rather than in settings and can you not link the setting for each tab from the tab rather than a setting tab of its own ??
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:40 am

Well if you could find something written down that says that then that would help.

I could, but it think I would rather keep settings on their own. The tabs are only for things that are used often.If there are settings that poeple use all the time then I might promote them. However from my personal use, I hardly ever touch them. That is also why I kept presentation in the settings.

@Everyone using the app/serviio in general: Are there any settings you change often? Do you have a need to change the presentation visibility often or do you set it and leave it most of the time?
Will

<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:50 am

its not really a usage for me ( i hardly open my console) but for newbie users if it not all in one place they get lost.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:23 am

something i have noticed is status page needs to auto refresh as if u click force update it doesn't update the number of files added or ball colour until u click refresh at top of screen.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:32 am

Thats on my todo list along with auto refreshing when the UPnP/DLNA server is starting up. I'll update the issue to include it.
Will

<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:53 am

will wrote:Thats on my todo list along with auto refreshing when the UPnP/DLNA server is starting up. I'll update the issue to include it.

good to hear :D
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:08 pm

If anyone is having problems with stock bowser, I use the android firefox browser to download the .apk and it allows you to install it too direct from the download section. :D
Sony Bravia 2010 52NX803 - Sony PS3 - Xbox 360
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS
<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:56 pm

Just installed beta 10.

I think it would be much better if the Presentation settings moved to "Library" like you did with Online Sources, after the online sources
Presentation settings for parents title and language are hardly changed
And have "Presentation" just for visibilty change
Serviio running on QNAP NAS 639 Pro - 1.6 Intel Dual Core - 2GB RAM and QNAP NAS 121 - 2Ghz ARM Marvell - 1GB RAM
Console using ServiiDroid for Android, ServiiMetro and ServiiWP for Windows Phone and WebUI for iOS
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:00 am

Yes I think I'll do that. I will however do device management first otherwise I'm never going to get it done.
Will

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:00 pm

@Xmantium can you clarify what you ment as reading it now I'm not quite sure

Beta 10 setup was the following tabs
Status
Devices
Shared Folders
Online Sources
Settings

Under 'Settings' tab:
Library
Trancoding
Metadata
Presentation (parents title and language)
Presentation - visibility

Cerberus suggested moving Presentation - visibility part to a new tab, thats also what I initially thought you ment so In my current build I now have the following tabs

Status
Devices
Shared Folders
Online Sources
Presentation
Settings

and under 'Settings' tab:
Library
Trancoding
Metadata

Is that what you ment or did you mean something different?
Will

<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:13 pm

will wrote:Cerberus suggested moving Presentation - visibility part to a new tab, thats also what I initially thought you ment so In my current build I now have the following tabs

Status
Devices
Shared Folders
Online Sources
Presentation
Settings

and under 'Settings' tab:
Library
Trancoding
Metadata

Is that what you ment or did you mean something different?

Yer that what i ment but id put the settings as a Advanced button on relevent page ratehr than seperate tab but thats me. :) easyt o help user to just say click advance button than telling them its hidden in a settings tab :)
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:17 pm

Yes but for settings such as transcoding and metadata, there is no relivent tab, and I don't want to have loads of tabs as it makes navigating around slow.

I'll have to have a think about this.
Will

<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:30 pm

will wrote:Yes but for settings such as transcoding and metadata, there is no relivent tab, and I don't want to have loads of tabs as it makes navigating around slow.

I'll have to have a think about this.

yer metadata/library/share folders are all same thing i think and transcoding you could have as tab of its own instead of settings so like this:

Status
Devices
Shared Folders ( renamed Local Sources or Local Library ) with buttons for metadata and library settings
Online Sources
Presentation with its settings button
Transcoding

just my take on it :)
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:00 pm

App name and icon help

After talking with Zip, we have agreeded to keep official Serviio products, and 3rd party apps a little seperated. Therefore I need some help choosing a name for the app and designing an icon.

App name rules:
It cannot contain 'Serviio', but can contain parts, e.g. Droidiio

Icon rules:
It cannot be the current serviio logo, but can use the shapes, themes, ideas from it, or it could be totally different. It can be a very rough Idea to a polished masterpice.
Should look good from 36x36 all the way upto 512x512 (ie not too much detail)

General rules
1) by submitting an idea you give me full permision to use it in anyway I see fit.
2) I'll setup a poll to let people vote, but I will have the final choice over the name and icon

Thank you in advanced for any ideas. Also keep the requests comming for the app.
Last edited by will on Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Will

<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:20 pm

Re: App name and icon help

will wrote:After talking with Zip, we have agreeded to keep official Serviio products, and 3rd party apps a little seperated. Therefore I need some help choosing a name for the app and designing an icon.

App name rules:
It cannot contain 'Serviio', but can contain parts, e.g. Droidiio

Icon rules:
It cannot be the current serviio logo, but can use the shapes, themes, ideas from it, or it could be totally different. It can be a very rough Idea to a polished masterpice.
Should look good from 36x36 to 128x128 (ie not too much detail)

General rules
1) by submitting an idea you give me full permision to use it in anyway I see fit.
2) I'll setup a poll to let people vote, but I will have the final choice over the name and icon

Thank you in advanced for any ideas. Also keep the requests comming for the app.

will do this tomorrow for you gives me something to do on a sat stuck at work but personaly i think it should use the serviio icon and name as without it it could be related to anything.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

will

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:34 pm

Well serviio will the in the app's description/market listing and there will be information about it on the Serviio website.

Hopefully I will get a range of ideas, and zip can comment on their suitability.
Will

<<

Xmantium

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:13 pm

NOOOOOOOO!!!! I actually like the name Serviio Droid! :cry:
But there's so many apps like XBMC Remote that use XBMC name and logo as long it's free app and makes it clear it's not endorsed by xbmc

About the presentation settings,
It should be simple Under 'Settings' tab:
Library
Transcoding
Metadata
Presentation

This can be resolved by either:

- "Presentation settings" placed in "Library" Settings after Online Source preferences (it's still related to library as it's settings how the library is viewed)

Or

-Presentation, the settings after the presentation views (just like the console)

Or

-Presentation has presentation settings on Action button option
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:30 am

I initially put about 15 seconds into that name, so I'm sure there is another name out there.

With a suitable market description, then when someone types 'serviio' into the android market, the app should come up. Combined with having a link to it from the serviio website to the app, people should be able to find it.

Anyway Beta 11 is now ready Beta 11

This adds device management, automatic refresh on the status view, moves presentation settings and adds multiple view titles to the screen if they will fit.
Inparticular I want feedback on the automatic refresh and the new way that tabs are displayed. Try in on your phones and tablets in landscape and portrait and based on feedback I will adjust the padding etc.

Code:
*Implemented #21: Show more than three view titles on large phone screens
*Implemented #15: Automatically refresh data when starting/stopping the server and when the update checker is running - it may need adjusting based on feedback
*Added server name to status view
*Performance improvements when scrolling devices, shared folders and online sources lists
*Implemented #24: Move the main part of presentations settings to a top level tab
*Lists now keep their scroll position when updated
*All context menu actions except edit now show a toast. e.g. Deleting 'Device name'
*Added #4: Manage devices
*Fixed #19: Bad profile data getting though validation
Last edited by will on Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Will

<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:38 am

will wrote:I initially put about 15 seconds into that name, so I'm sure there is another name out there.

With a suitable market description, then when someone types 'serviio' into the android market, the app should come up. Combined with having a link to it from the serviio website to the app, people should be able to find it.

Anyway Beta 11 is now ready Beta 11

This adds device management, automatic refresh on the status view, moves presentation settings and adds multiple view titles to the screen if they will fit.
Inparticular I want feedback on the automatic refresh and the new way that tabs are displayed. Try in on your phones and tablets in landscape and portrait and based on feedback I will adjust the padding etc.

Code:
*Implemented #21: Show more than three view titles on large phone screens
*Implemented #15: Automatically refresh data when starting/stopping the server and when the update checker is running - it may need adjusting based on feedback
*Added server name to status view
*Performance improvements when scrolling devices, shared folders and online sources lists
*Implemented #24: Move the main part of presentations settings to a top level tab
*Lists now keep their scroll position when updated
*All context menu actions except edit now show a toast. e.g. Deleting 'Device name'
*Added #4: Manage devices
*Fixed #19

will test tonight when im home :) out of intrest what was #19 that you fixed??
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

PreviousNext

Return to Third-party tools integration