FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Samsung C5500 Drop-out

<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Fri May 20, 2011 12:53 pm

Re: Samsung C5500 Drop-out

I have a router that has both the 2.5 and 5 bands. I only use the 2.5 due to the shorter range of the 5.

One thing that you might want to look at is how close your neighbors are and if they are using the same wireless freq and channel that you are. If they are it could slow your network down. I have a program at home that I can run and it will scan the area's wireless signals and tell you what channels your neighbors are using so you can pick a non used channel. I will post what the name of the program is when I get home today.

Most people use Auto channel and it does a terrible job of finding an unused channel.
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

sunchar

Serviio lover

Post Fri May 20, 2011 3:55 pm

Re: Samsung C5500 Drop-out

I own a Linksys WRT600N and it have 2.4 and 5 GHz. I have experienced with mac laptops this problem when sharing files (File server) and as DLNA server . Connection drops and takes some seconds before reconecting again. Macbook is the only one laptop with this behavior. You should consider to use a wired connection just for diagnostic.
Previous

Return to Samsung