FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

library at Tvix s1

<<

mmstos

Serviio newbie

Posts: 5

Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 11:52 am

Location: Brazil

Post Sat May 21, 2011 12:08 pm

library at Tvix s1

Hi

I have just installed serviio and it is working fine.

i have got two samsung Tvs, one 55B650 and a PN50c8000.

I have got all my movies stored at a Tvix s1 2TB HD, which supports UPNP but dont dlna.

i have tried to watch movies from tvix using samygo, but mytv does not seetvis and then installed Servioand now the tv sees Tvix on the network.

The problem I have now is with the library update, it starts updating fine but when I finish the section everything goes away and next time I start it is empty and begin update all again.

at the log I see it starting removing what was done

2011-05-21 06:07:20,008 INFO [LibraryUpdatesCheckerThread] Removing 'AVATAR 3D' (\\VENUS\tvixhd1\Movie\3D-Movies\AVATAR_Bluray_3D_rip_eng_(LiG)-Re_upload\AVATAR 3D.mkv) from Library


I would appreciatte is someone could help with this

Thanks
<<

zip

User avatar

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Posts: 17053

Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:24 pm

Location: London, UK

Post Sun May 22, 2011 11:42 am

Re: library at Tvix s1

So you run Serviio on the NAS or on a separate PC? If the latter, every time you turnoff/disconnect the NAS Serviio will not see the files any more and will think they have been deteted. In that case you should disable checking for file updates (circle arrow) for the affected shared folders (http://www.serviio.org/index.php?option ... ticle&id=5)
<<

mmstos

Serviio newbie

Posts: 5

Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 11:52 am

Location: Brazil

Post Sun May 22, 2011 12:39 pm

Re: library at Tvix s1

zip wrote:So you run Serviio on the NAS or on a separate PC? If the latter, every time you turnoff/disconnect the NAS Serviio will not see the files any more and will think they have been deteted. In that case you should disable checking for file updates (circle arrow) for the affected shared folders (http://www.serviio.org/index.php?option ... ticle&id=5)


Thanks for your reply Zip

I run Serviio on my laptop, i guess you mean disable [scan for file additions and updates], I will wait until the update is complete while the media player is on and will disable it after this. I post the result later.

In this case every time I add a new file i have to force refresh, is it correct?

In fact i was searching for a way to get it working without the pc, ie, the media player at a room in a wired network,and the tv in another room,wireless, but i could not get it to work so far.

Thanks again for your help
<<

zip

User avatar

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Posts: 17053

Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:24 pm

Location: London, UK

Post Sun May 22, 2011 3:57 pm

Re: library at Tvix s1

mmstos wrote:i guess you mean disable [scan for file additions and updates], I will wait until the update is complete while the media player is on and will disable it after this. I post the result later.

In this case every time I add a new file i have to force refresh, is it correct?

Yes, that's the one. You dont have to force refresh but you have to select this checkbox and then either Force refresh or wait for the automatic refresh to kick in.
<<

mmstos

Serviio newbie

Posts: 5

Joined: Sat May 21, 2011 11:52 am

Location: Brazil

Post Sun May 22, 2011 7:39 pm

Re: library at Tvix s1

zip wrote:
mmstos wrote:i guess you mean disable [scan for file additions and updates], I will wait until the update is complete while the media player is on and will disable it after this. I post the result later.

In this case every time I add a new file i have to force refresh, is it correct?

Yes, that's the one. You dont have to force refresh but you have to select this checkbox and then either Force refresh or wait for the automatic refresh to kick in.



It worked just like you said.

I turned it off, put two more archives, turned it on, checked the update box, and its is done.

Thanks again.

Return to Samsung

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.